AYC Service Guide

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Thats seems ok. I think the local mitsi dealer near me charges 180-200 for evo's. It only takes a small amount of fluid and would be less than an hour labour.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Thanks zilla

Thats seems ok. I think the local mitsi dealer near me charges 180-200 for evo's. It only takes a small amount of fluid and would be less than an hour labour.
Cool thanx thats what i was told, just needed some confirmation.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Meek in Sydney cost around $115

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Its a really simple job if you have the equipment and know what you're doing. The problem is most people don't have a MUT-II diagnostic computer just lying around...

G

Unregistered
I don't know if its been mentioned yet but you can drain and flush ayc fluid without the mutt or any mods to the electronics. Its fairly simply. I can explain if you are interested

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I would like to know. I didn't think it was possible to physically "flush" it without working the pumps.

G

Unregistered
We do it this way even though we have mutt-2 and mutt-3 all the mutt does is turn the pump on. Not many places know you can do it this way and we tend to keep it rather on the downlow to stop other garages being able to service the ayc. Seeing as this is a mainly Ozzy forum i cant see it effecting us much.

NOTE, MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS SUPPORTED ON GOOD AXLE STANDS. I ALSO TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURY THAT COULD OCCUR FROM IMPROPER EQUIPMENT.

Once you have all four wheels off the ground start the car and put into drive.making sure your car is stable on what you have it supported by, you can easily bleed and flush by using a metal lever like a tyre iron or maybe a tube to stop one rear wheel from turning.
Once you have the wheel stopped this will have ayc activated, you simply go to the bleed nipple on the opposite side to the wheel that is stationary. This will pump the fluid through and out.
Carry out the same for the other side and you now have a clean ayc system.
If you really want good results carry out the same task the following week and this will almost certainly remove groaning noises you may have previously had.

Just make sure you are safe doing this. we normally have the vehicle on a hoist so the car is very stable.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
The question is, is't safe to do the above procedure and not damaging the pump? I mean, the pump is working without oil in it. Its like running an engine with oil.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
No, it's ok, you're never fully draining the hydraulic fluid, just flushing it. You need to be sure to top up the reservoir before it empties.

G

Unregistered
You never let it run out of oil. We have done hundreds of flushes from evo 4 to 9 and also the galant/legnum with no problem

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Sorry I couldn't find it but how often should one service the AYC?

Edit: Ozvr4 reccomends 15,000 - 20,000kms.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The actual diff part is suggested to be done by mitsi every cam belt change at 80,000km. I'd do it every 20,000km though on a hard driven car and 40,000km on a normal VR-4.

The ayc clutch packs need to be done more regularly, probably every 2nd oil change, so 10-15,000km

Top Bottom