bad vibration

G

Unregistered
hey.. i have a bad vibration under load, i noticed it snd then i lowerd my vr4 then it was much worse and the ayc light comes up most times now... i have cheked all the diffs and gearbox levels and all good...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if the AYC light is coming up then it is most likely a problem with your tyres, so I would get those checked out first.

G

Unregistered
i have had a wheel alighnment and all my wheels ballanced

if the AYC light is coming up then it is most likely a problem with your tyres, so I would get those checked out first.
i have had a wheel alighnment and all 4 wheels ballanced... so?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
there is still a chance that one of the tires are a bit screwed up, with possible uneven wear.

Does it happen under braking at all?

G

Unregistered
Sometime a tyre can get a buldge and it may be very hard to spot.
Maybe try using the spare wheel then keep swap to the next wheel and see if it makes a difference???

G

Unregistered
doesent happen under braking... it happens as u acclerate. the harder u excelerate the worse the vibration... and thanks will try the spare tyre rotation.

G

Unregistered
ive heard of vibration under cornering on the inside rear, can you describe the vibration and exactly where you think it comes from? i.e front/rear, does it come thru the body, or thru the steering?
sure ur car hasn't been hit in the side ever?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
hmmm might be a driveshaft or propshaft then.

What happens if you engine brake from quite high revs?

G

Unregistered
ive heard of vibration under cornering on the inside rear, can you describe the vibration and exactly where you think it comes from? i.e front/rear, does it come thru the body, or thru the steering?
sure ur car hasn't been hit in the side ever?
im pretty sure its cuming from the front and it comes thru the body ...
thanks...

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
might possibly be a broken or cracked engine mount????, ive had that in 2 cars before, my first car, my magna had a cracked engine mount n my gf's commodore had no bolts through the engine mounts (dodgy mechanic that replaced the engine)

G

Unregistered
I had this one too. It's front drive shaft joint problem.
In Finland i know 4 VR-4 cars which had same problem as I had. And it looks like that this is problem which automatic transmission car has....
See photos:
http://www.harrinkuvat.1g.fi/kuvat/vr4/vetari/

U see that abrasion there.
New joint is
MR336596, JOINT KIT,FR AXLE SHAFT,LH
It fits to both sides!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
man those are some ugly looking grease.. but yah i see where the friction were made..

did you have to replace the whole joint or just the bearing?!

G

Unregistered
Bearings were totally ok.. no any friction at all. Just that cup was bad.
I think that reason why this has happened, was that earlier owner had changed the joint rubber and not those greases. So the broken rubber has let dust inside the joint and that's why the friction and the vibration.

But of cource I changed the whole joint as i mentioned the spare number and put new greases in. Also i checked another side and that was ok but i changed new greases to it too..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
don't know why some people do half-assed work when they know that if they do, eventually they'll have to do it again and probably spend more $$$ on it..

Top Bottom