SO who going to be playing this thing?

i played beta and enjoyed it so i got the game+premium

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
PC for me. Pre-loaded last night, few mates using US based VPNs played the campaign early, apparently visuals on par with Crysis 3. 6gb ram and 1.5gb vram used in-game. Their 8gb ram claims in the requires specs were close but 3gb frame buffer was a little excessive.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
I will be getting it on pc when it gets cheaper, played the beta, enjoyed it alot.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
25gig damn my slow download to hell lol.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Had a few people buy and say they really are not impressed with it, not sure what platform they are playing on. I didn't really like the last battlefield, was a bit to sniper dominated so I think I will give it a miss. Might grab the new call of duty if reviews are good, prefer the game play of call of duty games personally.

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
I loved Bad Company 2, and was a bit disappointed at BF3 to be honest.
Enjoying BF4 much more... seems they actually put some thought into the design and flow/balance of maps this time around which was probably one of the biggest things BC2 had going for it.

If you didn't like BF3, honestly give BF4 a go, it plays very differently IMO and for the better.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
BC2 was awesome!, calling in motor strikes on snipers was always fun to watch

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
Still having alot of issues with it. No queuing on servers anymore, Still freezing midgame, Player respawn is crap (nothing like being put in front of the enemy), some scopes are off center, vehicle controls are very bad. I hope they fix it on the ps4. I understand the PC version has been fixed quite alot

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Bought COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 over the weekend. I must admit COD plays better at this point. The movement and combat is far more fluid, to the point I actually went and completed single player campaign (great story and gameplay if anyone is into it)
I think it's a lot to do with accuracy too. Bullets seem to miss 90% of the time in Battlefield even though COD had noticeable delay due to lag.

I was a bit bummed when Battlefield crashed mid game. I did have everything on ultra.

Comments on graphics, while people seem to say battlefield wins in that department, I think they're both as eachother. Battlefield was far more realistic while COD felt a lot more colourful but deep.

Do we have an OzVR4 squad/clan/whatever they are yet? Haha

Main specs...
i7 4770k liquid cooled
16gb corsair vengeance
Corsair AX 860i psu
GeForce GTX 770 2gb (Asus)
Asus Maximus vi mobo.
OS on an OCZ SSD
games on a WD Black 2tb

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
BF4 will be fixed in due time. Going back and playing BF3 now it seems so damn smooth and flawless, took them a long time to get there though!

Nice rig BTW Josh, I've OC'd my GTX680 and even then I don't crank everything to ultra. Maybe after a few more rounds of game updates, optimisations and driver updates to suit.

For the most part though the campaign looks amazing.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
OK on further evaluation, and a good 3+ hours of BF4 thismorning, it's a little better than before. Admittedly, previously, I was playing on Hardcore. Yet to try the BF4 campaign, though finished the COD Ghosts one last night.

VOLK, I'm suprised, I always thought the higher spec of the previous generation was usually still more powerful than the spec down of the newer one. They're close though, i get perfect framerates on max settings - the card is overclocked from factory, not sure if that makes a difference? http://www.hwcompare.com/14636/geforce-gtx-680-vs-geforce-gtx-770/

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I play with everything on ultra, haven't had a single crash yet and plays very nicely :)

Here's my Pc specs

Case: NZXT Phantom Enthusiast
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 4670K Haswell 3.4GHz
Water Cooling: XSPC RayStorm 750 RS240
Memory: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 8GB DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: Samsung 830 120GB SSD
Video: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB
Keyboard: Logitech
Mouse: Logitech G700
Operation System: Windows 7
Motherboard: ASROCK Z87 Extreme4
Monitor: AOC e2450Swh

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
GTX 680 will be capable, just haven't bothered. Getting a 690 next year.

G

Unregistered
My nechanic is playing BF4 on ultra on triple monitors and it's epic! I will try and get a photo next time I see him :)

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
We've all got a mate who goes all out, mine has two gtx titans on water powering his triple monitor setup.

Pc master race reprazent! :p

Top Bottom