NZ Been around a while

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
I’m Craig, from Hamilton in New Zealand (that’s in the middle of the North Island). I've been around here for a little while and have a fair bit of experience with 8G Galants and Legnums, in fact they are the only cars I've ever owned, and you could say I’ve worked on them a little.

My car history from the start…
Going to add photos e.t.c. later on

1996 Mitsubishi Galant VR-G (GDI) – EA1A
Hamilton Silver, Tiptronic

This was my first car and while owning I got into cars and became interested in VR-4s. I started to service it, changed some interior, painted a FL front bumper for it, and tried to figure out why it idled so rough (dat GDI lyf y0).

1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Sophia White, Tiptronic, AYC

I bought it with Apexi coilovers (sold as not certed), stock exhaust with aftermarket muffler and a tiny aftermarket intercooler. It now lives on in the form of a garage full of parts and some on my green Legnum after having an altercation with a fence.

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Hamilton Silver, Tiptronic, AYC

Came with a 3” exhaust, lowered suspension, Recaros (sold before selling the car) and RAYS wheels (sold due to being narrow). Fitted a 600x300 intercooler and alloy radiator, later put in a spare ECU with a mines ROM.

1997 Mitsubishi Legnum ST (GDI) – EC1W
Sophia White, Tiptronic

Bought as a donor car for my first VR-4, was deregistered and in pretty rough condition with rust issues. Sold the 4G93 GDI engine & trans and completed a GDI to VR-4 conversion involving changing the engine & trans, suspension and brakes, many looms (dash, speedo, engine/trans, TCS, LHS fusebox etc), all the interior and some exterior parts. Ended up wrecking it before completion and some parts are fitted to my green VR-4.

1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Finesse Green, Tiptronic, AYC

Originally bought it cheap to sell parts off, fix it up and make some money, however I decided to keep it and sell the silver FL instead.

I will create a thread in the Members Rides section with more details and what I'm going to do to her.

fubar

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Galant VR4, 4Runner, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar XJR
Welcome to OzVR4 Craig,

Yep, you definitely qualify as a 8G lover !

Look forward to your Members Rides thread(s)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hey Craig

This is completely pointless but I'm rather OCD about it, so you get templated anyway :p

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13e

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Welcome fellow Hamiltonian!
Whereabouts in HN are you? I'm in the 'Grandview Estate' (sounds snobby, doesn't it?) but really it's part of Nawton.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Welcome fellow Hamiltonian!
Whereabouts in HN are you? I'm in the 'Grandview Estate' (sounds snobby, doesn't it?) but really it's part of Nawton.
I live in Forest Lake, work around the corner, technically Te Rapa. What color are your Legnums? My current VR-4 is green with a rough front end and white mirrors until @sidewayswizzard and I do some painting :)

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Hi Craig.
Mine are green (although so dark it looks black unless the sun catches it on the right angle) and blue. The green one has the roof rack, the blue doesn't. There are some pics on here in my intro thread:
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/what-not-another-kiwi.15053/#post-327699
I work in Te Rapa too, well Pukete really: Church Road.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, just don't see much happening on this or the UK forum these days so don't call in very often.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Hi Craig.
Mine are green (although so dark it looks black unless the sun catches it on the right angle) and blue. The green one has the roof rack, the blue doesn't. There are some pics on here in my intro thread:
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/what-not-another-kiwi.15053/#post-327699
I work in Te Rapa too, well Pukete really: Church Road.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, just don't see much happening on this or the UK forum these days so don't call in very often.

Oh cool, surprised I haven't seen you then, I'm sure I would have remembered haha.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
!! Welcome !!

Nice history of cars :) what are your plans on the main car mod wise ?
Duh haven't made the thread yet oops. We did a manual conversion the other weekend after my auto trans leaked it's ATF all over the engine bay and need to do the cambelt and some servicing soon. Also put in ralliart suspension on the front and have the rears left to put in.

I got an intercooler on the weekend (it's freaking huge) and after that I'll get a fuel pump, regulator e.t.c. and probably do other mods until my spare engine (not sure what work I'll get done to it) and TD04s are ready to go which are still just sitting in the garage.

Top Bottom