Best Motoring - Legnum vs Legacy

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Blatantly poached from ClubVR4 (thanks Valmes!)

A good example of AYC in action during the handling section

cheers

Lee

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Interesting.

When you consider the Liberty has got a bilstein suspension upgrade, exhaust upgrade and the VR4 is stock with a shitty mitsu exhaust (they are CRAP!!) and stock suspension...the VR4 shits on it.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hands up who thought the Legnum blew a turbo half way through that run on the track lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
When white smokse starts spewing from the rear? If it did blow a turbo, it would have made the end results more compelling.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
we've been discussing the smoke on the VR-4 too, it looks like it is coming out of the middle of the car, rather than the exhaust, so it might be the rear diff - but then that wouldn't be hot enough to make the oil smoke (well unless it was really screwed!)

The Legnum definitely owned it on the handling track though, beating it by 2 seconds!

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
If you have a look at the 1st corner on the 3rd lap, the legnum takes the legacy on the outside, now thats impressive considering it is standard. the legacy's handling was owned on every tight corner, but the power to weight ratio of the legacy helped it in the straights.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats an interesting video.

Clearly the AYC is the better set up on and off the race track, but one thing is clear with the Legnum, it needs more power :)

I'm with you Sam, that 1st corner on the 3rd lap was awesome. I wondered why he was out there and he just went around the Subie :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I also noticed (assuming that the drivers' abilities are on-par with each other) that the Legnum driver looked at ease, with the car under control whereas the Legacy driver had to catch it a few times, especially in the tighter corners. Interesting demonstration of the side-by-side abilities around corners though. Almost like a drift-battle ('cept no sideways action of course!).

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Not such a bad idea, but it'd have to be the 260RS StageA however.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Anyone have another link to this, it no longer works??

G

Unregistered
Has he posted any information on how to set up a system like that?

Top Bottom