Best place in Sydney to get wheel alignment?

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Saw this in qld section however none in nsw.
So where is good, south west sydney is better for me!!

Thanks in advance Paul

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've taken my Legnums to Jax, Bridgestone Tyre Centres, & also Pedders.

Haven't had any dramas with any of them.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Heasman steering in Sydenham, they do awesome alignments

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Can't you just take it anywhere? I haven't really noticed much difference between shops to be honest. I ask for certain specs, and they just do it :)

I would just take it to wherever and give them a copy of the specs on the forum...

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Paul, where in NSW are you?

As Steve says, Heasman are very good but often quite busy.

For a good bang for your buck option, try Jax in Liverpool. From memory, it was around $60 for a full alignment and camber settings etc. The boys there seem to take a lot more care and attention than your usual chain wheel shop.

Then there's BT Motorsports in Smithfield and Road and Race at Rydalemere. Peter at RR has lots of street and race experience but it won't be Bob Jane alignment pricing.

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Wife works at livo rta so prob just take it to jax thanks everyone for there input.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can't you just take it anywhere? I haven't really noticed much difference between shops to be honest. I ask for certain specs, and they just do it :)

I would just take it to wherever and give them a copy of the specs on the forum...

If they take care and if they have good equipment, they do a good job, if they have equipment that hasn't been checked for a while or they are a bit quick.... Either you have been lucky and all have done well or you haven't had a good one to notice the difference between good and bad.

Last time I took a car to heasmans it took then 2 hours to do a wheel alignment toe front and rear and camber on the front. And the guy there does wheel alignments and nothing else, it's not like he doesn't know what he is doing....

I have had issues with wheel balancing also and I have to say Jax penrith have been good for balancing, haven't had an alignment done there though but they take time with balancing to get it right so.... Hopefully Liverpool are just as good.

My VR4 hasn't been to Heasmans yet (they're a PITA for me to get to) but it will be and yeah they are often busy, I normally book it in for a day for an alignment, I'm sure there are others around that do a good job but I know Heasman will do a great job and I don't bother with trying others (probably to the detriment of the VR4 in that it hasn't had an alignment since I got it) :)

PMPVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
galant
Ricol in sydney does a pretty good job and they deal with alot of track and hotted up cars.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I had my purple legnum done by Beaurepaires Pymble x2 car was not aligned properly either time, still steered left. Then tried Jax Pymble same thing. Thought the car need steering fixing so took it to MEEK to be told they hadn't touched anything on the front LHS by either shop. So you do need to be carefull where you take them

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hence why I like to stay around & watch what they do. I'm always suspicious whether they do anything as well, plus I cringe thinking of them trying to jack up the Super.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I keep my eye out for vouchers, $29 wheel alignments hellll yeeah :)
Car seems to go straight when Im holding the steering wheel at least :p

G

Unregistered
it should go straight when you dont hold it either :p

Ricol in sydney does a pretty good job and they deal with alot of track and hotted up cars.
apparently simon @ jax in gosford does good work as well...

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Had bad experience with ricol in the past with my old vr4.
Spoke to jax livo they said they can do it no worries.

PMPVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
galant
Jdmvr4 - dude how does what I said about Ricol have anything to do with gosford jax :-\

Rick and Colin at Ricol did a good job on mine but my mates still waiting for parts, just depends on what your cars having done to the service you get.

Top Bottom