Best quotes about VR-4s

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
See the thing is, it happened this morning at about 10am. Hence why I remember it as clear as a bell. After he left, I had to jump on.

We're pretty quick-witted us bunch, constantly jibing/hacking on each other. If you were "new" to this circle of mates and partners, you'd honestly think we hated each other :D Happens when everyone has worked in hospitality for more than 10 years.

Them: "You're not serving me because you think I'm too drunk???"
Us: "I'm not serving you because I think you're a C*CKHEAD!!!"
(not bad from a girl who's 5ft tall and all vitriol)

Them: "So, is dessert going to be you?"
Us: "Yes sir... except that I'd eat you alive for breakfast. I'm not a fan of small weiners first thing in the morning though."

Boss: "Right. I want to go home. Gavin, any ideas how to clear out the pub?"
Me: "Of course. I have Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" in the car."
Boss: "Terrific. Chuck it in the CD player so they can appreciate the classics."

Very Drunk 50yo Hen: "Oi! Babe! You married yet? My friend thinks you're cute."
Me: "Actually no. Australia doesn't support gay marriages."
(one way to make a hen's night leave you alone is to "swap sexualities" where convenient)

Them: "How much will it cost for a Corona with two wedges of lime?"
Us: "Your dignity and my respect for you."

(pointing to our Wood-Fired pizza oven, with the sign that says "Wood Fired Pizza" above it)
Them: "Do you do wood-fired pizzas?"
Me: "Not all the time. We also do cremations on weekdays."

Although... some comments from those new in hospitality make me cringe....

Them: "What's this bottle of red like?"
Us: "Warm"

Us: "What? Your coffee is too bitter? Sorry about that ma'am, I only make them... I don't drink the stuff" (it's like having a marriage counsellor who's single!)

"Oh sh*t! I'm really sorry!"
((after dropping a hot coffee into my lap... then proceeds to get a tea towel and pounds it into my crotch as if she were violently dabbing up a stain from the carpet. Owwww)

I used to get away with murder in hospitality. It's nowhere near as exciting in I.T. and I kind of miss it.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I was camping at Normanville on the Fleurieu last week and a guy who said that he worked for Mistu was going on about how rare my car was and that only 3 were released in Australia?!?

it took some convincing but I told him that I bought it from Japan...

He still kept on saying to me though it was the Australian front bar!?!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
(pointing to our Wood-Fired pizza oven, with the sign that says "Wood Fired Pizza" above it)
Them: "Do you do wood-fired pizzas?"
Me: "Not all the time. We also do cremations on weekdays."

Winner :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I was camping at Normanville on the Fleurieu last week and a guy who said that he worked for Mistu was going on about how rare my car was and that only 3 were released in Australia?!?

it took some convincing but I told him that I bought it from Japan...

He still kept on saying to me though it was the Australian front bar!?!
In my experience Matt there are a LOT of idiots out there who like to 'talk it up' like they have any f@#$en idea what they're talking about. It seems the less they actually know, the more bullshit they have to talk...

Is this an Australian thing, or is the whole world full of people trying hard to show off / fit in by talking crap? :(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
VicRoads today whilst getting registered... the inspector was looking for the engine number with his telescopic light when another person walks past

Them: "Mate, how much did you spend on modding your Magna?"
Me: "Nothing. It's stock."
Them: "But it says "twin turbo" on the engine?"
Me: "That's how all Magnas come these days"

He walked away looking very confused, turning around every couple of steps to take a quizzical peek. I love sh*t-stirring sometimes :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I had two guys looking at my car in a carpark on saturday. As I approached and told them I own it, one of them said "Yeah I know what it is..." and we had a quick chat...they were friendly enough.

Then he asked "So it's fwd right?" inside I rolled my eyes at him...lol

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
"That front looks fu*kin mean!" Gotta love people looking at the car ..... the ones who don't know what the hell it is and the others that are scared of it.....

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
"It just goes where you point it!"
My dad, laughing after taking his first hard corner in my Legnum.

G

Unregistered
not so much a quote.. but when we went to the video shop yesterday, i parked the car, and the front was pointing another row of parking.

some guy in a camry has reversed out, glanced over, then looked forward, then turned around again, and i watched him mouth the words "what the fuck is that...."
he stayed there looking for a good 20 seconds too, lol

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Ha yea not a quote but i cruised past a cop car on the way home tonight, he was hanging out the window with a laser gun, as i went past him he gave my car the hairy eyeball with a 'wft is that' look the whole way past, then went back to shooting the people behind me

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I overheard and awesome call about my VR4 at Autosalon on saturday:

"Look, a ninja magna!"

hahaha I loved it!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
a lot of people who I show the car ask "is it brand new?" I guess when people see a car that looks modern and have never seen one before, they assume it must be a new model.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Gilly - I heard that a lot too when I first got mine and there were very few facelifts on the road.

G

Unregistered
" How much? i want one of those..."
" Can i have your car? "
" Are you boosting? No!.... all standard "

G

Unregistered
Bradc probably won't like this... :)
Isn't a quote either.

But, anyway...

Few years ago VR-4s in my city were a rare sight...

So one day I am coming up to an intersection and see BMW850 (turned out to be manual too) and stop next to it. Since my car didn't have anything besides "V6" on sides, the guy in 850 just ignores it... Hehe.

I push it a little... and he bites! Approaching next traffic light he pulls next to me and looks at V6 sign again, now interested. As red turns yellow I can hear him reving for a good start with "I can't loose to a V6" expression on his face... :p

Yeah, right... I can't loose to some Bimmer either! :D

I start from high rpm and just leave him standing for a moment. I guess he didn't expect that kind of an outcome, so he bogged the start and couldn't catch up.

Now he is approaching next lights looking at V6 with "WTF" written all over his face... :D pulls down his window and tells me "Lets go on green"... like I didn't? Glances over V6 again and gets all concentrated. I can't stop from laughing... Smoke him again...

Next stop, he is convinced something is "fishy" here...
"Do you have turbo in there?"
"Twin Turbo"
"Ohhh... I knew it wasn't a V6!!!"

Somehow he was relieved, hearing that he didn't loose to a NA V6 Mitsubishi Legnum :) ...

G

Unregistered
Exhaust, 0,9 bars, HKS FCD, but still with stock turbos. It could do 13.5-13.7 depending on start...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Lol, 850's are only 220kw and they weigh nearly 2 tons, mine has 280kw so it should be a bit better, but a stock VR-4 would still keep up with it.

Stinger

Crunching Gears
First Name
Phil
Drive
Ae86 Trueno
My neighbour James took his to a Mitsu dealer a couple of weeks ago.

salesman: Is that an import?
James : yeah......
sales:can i have a closer look!
*walks towards car.
sales: WOW, it looks so cool with a TJ magna front........
*james walks away............

Top Bottom