Best quotes about VR-4s

tidy legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Duane
Drive
mitsubishi legnum , mitsubishi magna
Had this about 6 months ago... Down at the rive having lunch with friends when a guy pulls up in a white fl legnum. I wonders over and says "nice leggie mate." He gives me the usual rundown and says at the end that its the only one in town. I reply "uh have a look at the purple one a few spots up." So him and his gf gets out to look and she says to him "wow! its got a sun roof and check out the leather! you should have got one like this." He says "I couldn't afford any more than 12k. But its a pre face lift, probably done heaps of kays, mines only got 130 thou." I says lets have a look," unlocks it and turns the ignition on showing 85300. He asks "how much did you pay?" to which i reply "9.5". poor guy almost cried.

tidy legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Duane
Drive
mitsubishi legnum , mitsubishi magna
and this one a month ago at a bucks night, guy says "heard you got a quick car" I say "yeah its a legnum." "What? Legmum?" I give him the rundown and he says "still not as fast as the ss". His father in law says "son, your commodore is hosed, my statesman can't keep up." Made me proud. But this is the best. Today from a work colleague who drives a na r34 sedan... "When are you going to put a bov on your car? I've got one and the skyline pulls hard!" I just stared a little then walked away.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Our old mechanic (He's old, but he is still our mechanic for our other cars, and had already told me that he never wants to go near my engine bay :p ) said to me the other day "You know the good thing about your car? - If you ever need parts you can just go to the tip... - just put it on a flatbed and take it to the tip"

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
From a friend who had never heard of a legnum before when I opened the bonnet to show him the engine: "fffaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkk me that looks like it makes some power!!!"

G

Unregistered
When people ask what kind of car it is before they get in it.. I say "Magna", they don't ask questions.
Smash the throttle out of a corner a few minutes late after watching them looking confusedly around the interior of the car and staring at the dash.... "I knew it,Bullshit this is a Magna! what is it!!"

G

Unregistered
When people ask what kind of car it is before they get in it.. I say "Magna", they don't ask questions.
Smash the throttle out of a corner a few minutes late after watching them looking confusedly around the interior of the car and staring at the dash.... "I knew it,Bullshit this is a Magna! what is it!!"

"Magna? Seems legit."

1781_7mg.jpg

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i took the leggy camping with a bunch of mates and their 80 series cruisers (and mates of mates), managed to get down to where they were easily. everyone was impressed the magna made it down with just FWD, until i lifted the hood to use the battery to jump start one of them the next day...

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Took a mate to pick up some things the other day. Pulled up along side a really nice old Chevy pickup. Sounded real lumpy. As we took off he planted it. As did I. As I proceeded to catch and over take a big thumbs up came from the drivers window. Old bloke in his late 50s big smiles as I go past. Sure enought we get the next set of lights. As he pulls up I yell out the passenger window " nice ride ". To which he replies " I want that" and points to my car and quickly followed by. "That's naughty, does ur mum know Uve got it." At that point I lmfao ,lights went green and I ripped away at full noise. Lol

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Tried Repco for a new battery today, after searching for the car in his database (with predictable results) he asked if he could go check the battery in the car.

I popped the bonnet, he looked for a moment in disbelief:
"Wow, its got a factory strut brace?"

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
Young chap fitting my tyres last week

"bro. That has the rb26 right? That's sik maaate! "

I just went with it. Dickheads ended up scratching the wheels to shit.

My battery always gets a laugh. Still rocking the punny battery from Japan.

KRM88R

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
chris
Drive
Legnum 97
Tow truck driver- what is it?
Me- it's a legnum.
Tow truck driver- a magna!
Me- no, it's a galant wagon.
Tow truck driver- ahhh magna!
Me- don't expect your small brain to comprehend something different.
Tow truck driver- what?
Me- yeah a magna.....:mad:

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
My battery always gets a laugh. Still rocking the punny battery from Japan.

same, guy from autobarn: "did you know this space was designed for a bigger battery?"

me: "you don't say? (no shit)"

firstly, they didn't even stock big batteries with small jap terminals. second, people go to a lot more effort for weight reduction, I'm halving the size of the lead brick in the front of the car.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
I finally had to change my battery and went to a larger crank with same sized terminals. The guy at battery world was laughing it up.

Legnum now has a suzuki swift sized battery. I guess they are used to seeing taxis

Top Bottom