Best quotes about VR-4s

G

Unregistered
From colleague at work,
"Why do you have an 'I need a bigger penis' muffler on your car?":D

G

Unregistered
I took mine in to Eastside Mitsubishi this morning to get the remote central locking fixed (works with key in door but not with remote).

The girl was staring at it for awhile and asking some questions... I asked about getting a second key for it, and she replied 'well its not a Mitsubishi so I'm not sure..'

I cracked up and told her it was. Then three other staff members came over all puzzling over it, saying 'wow, that looks great man. Yeah thats an import...' They sort of had the tone 'yeah I've heard about these but never *seen* one' lol!

Then the courtesy driver (a really old guy) drove me to the station and asked 'was that black wagon yours? I drove it out the back, that is a *nice* car you have there son, drove like a dream. So thats an import is it? You've done very well for yourself'

:D

Leggs

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 Legnum
The day after i bought my car my sister called me

Sis: I heard you bought a new car?
Me: Yep
Sis: What is it?
Me: A Legnum
Sis: A Legume, isn't that a type of soy bean?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
from a kiwi - "yeah i know what it is and I wish i had one"

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Personally I'm a little sick of the conversation that goes (usually on the phone):
"What model car is it?"
"Mitsubishi Legnum VR4"
"Ok, mmhmm. So is that the 1.8 or 2.4?" (or similar nonsense)

I have a lot more respect for people who admit it when they don't know something - I don't expect them to know, not many people do. So why act like a know-all? Just say "wtf is that?!" and people will respect you more...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
When I bought my VR-4 not many people realised it wasn't my black GDI. Scared a few passengers haha. They were wondering what the hell I had done to it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, I was driving into work this morning in Port Melbourne (with Disturbed cranked as is my usual need-hardcore-tunes-in-the-morning-with-my-coffee routine) and an excitable blonde young bloke motioned me to wind down my driver's window.

His mate just picked up a Legnum (he's driving a modern Pulsar) for $16,000 and was very impressed with it (1996 white I believe) and we had a quick chat before the lights went green.

A week before that, I was stopped opposite a bus shelter, and a young kid reading a copy of HOT4s looks up, scrambled for his mobile phone and snaps off a few photos and gave me a big thumbs-up.

Is it me, or those in-the-know are happy to fawn/drool over the Legnum whereas the general public doesn't care?

(thankfully, I prefer the anonymity) :D

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I get more comments and thumbs up when driving my 20 year old Kei Alto than the legnum. Strange.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I was in Super Cheap Autos yesterday getting the battery in my Magna tested (for the fourth time) as it's been playing up and the guy at the desk asked 'what car's it in?' I said 'That Magna right there' and he looked at me funny, then said 'from your hat I thought it would be a Galant' (I've taken to wearing my OzVR4 cap everywhere lately). I laughed and said well I DO have a VR4 Legnum... and told him the shortened version of my (rather pathetic) story. He said he'd been looking for a manual for a while, but had been told they were REALLY rare. Should have seen his eyes light up when I told him mine was manual LOL.

I told him to pop along sometime and hit Kris up and he said he's already got the site bookmarked.

Gav you're right, its only car enthusiasts that will EVER notice our cars - most people need to be slapped across the face with a wet fish to notice a car. My g/f didn't even bat an eyelid when we drove past a Murcielago the other day *rolls eyes*

Oh and I fixed my battery problems by borrowing the Optima Yellowtop from the VR4 - take 750CCAs ya cantankerous biatch!!)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I have a nice quote from my 2 yr old son
Me: "what noise does daddy's car make
My son: BROOOOM BROOOM

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
My mates are continually giving me shit when i'm driving with them. Everytime a magna goes past "theres your car man". Think they only do it because it usually influences me to drop a gear or two and start weaving through traffic like a mental patient.

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
when I was waiting for my legnum every one at work was asking, so when do you get this new car, Soon i say, What's it called a 'Legume'
that's french for Bean, so It got the nick name 'the Bean Car'
but when they saw it they all shut up, ha they had no idea!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea Legume is really common - my g/f has named my VR4 the Bean, but I don't mind its actually kinda cute :p

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
i just always get from my dad and my mates,why do you want one,it just looks like a magna,get a skyline or something or just put the bigger engine in your civic

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*heh* there you have it James. To people it's all about perceived image from your Dad and mates, especially with the Magna stigma (trust me, I used to own one!).

And once again, they're thinking in cubes for the engine for your Civic... it's different strokes for different folks you know :)

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
after being pulled up by a police biker on my way to uni (to be breath analyzed at 9 in the morning on a thursday...wtf).
Cop: " VR-4, so its a four cylinder?"
Me: " Um, Yeah".
Had the biggest smile on my face, and pulled out and went up the road very slowly, just so it stayed sounding like a four cylinder :)

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
What people think of your car?

This morning one of the guys came up to me and ask if it was a new Lancer???!!!
Taras

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
i have had an old couple 60-70 looking at it and the old lady said it reminded her of her magna..... if she only knew!!!

also the first night driving it home some of the 'boys' i passed in a hatch caught back up and took some photos with his phone hanging out the window at 70kph!!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I get asked by my mate all the time "when's the SIGMA going to be registered?" :ROFLMAO:

Generally people (who know little of cars) just ask what is it, and I reply Japanese Import Galant Wagon - and that perplexes them enough ;)

Top Bottom