frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i love it when you fill your car and the servo guy tries to show how much he knows about cars. "so thats just the silver GSR there right?" was probably the funniest one i've had. Also someone thought it was an R34 when they could only see the front end on an angle LOL :p

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
SIGMA!!!! lol

I get asked by my mate all the time "when's the SIGMA going to be registered?" :ROFLMAO:

Generally people (who know little of cars) just ask what is it, and I reply Japanese Import Galant Wagon - and that perplexes them enough ;)

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Last time when i was at servo.Servo guy was looking at my car and he ran in to a wall!!!! That was so funny!

i love it when you fill your car and the servo guy tries to show how much he knows about cars. "so thats just the silver GSR there right?" was probably the funniest one i've had. Also someone thought it was an R34 when they could only see the front end on an angle LOL :p

G

Unregistered
HOW are people managing to get these plates?? I thought there was meant to be a screening process or something? I saw 'RU16' today... :rolleyes:

LOL thats gold, I'd have given him a hi 5.......So long as he wasnt some seedy 40 yo hahah!

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
ive gotten "oh ok so the stagea is the skyline wagon,is this the silvia wagon?"

and ive copped,lancer wagon,magna with extras,magnum and "you should go to new zealand,the guys over there have a huge craze with a similar car,you ever heard of a galant?"...

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Me at the Mitsubishi spare parts department (Phil Gilbert, Lidcombe) getting a quote on the rear garnish
Me: Hows it going mate, i have a vehicle outside that needs a new rear garnish, could you take a look please?
Worker: *walks outside and does a walk around the car* Niiiiiiicce
2 other collegues: What is it?
Worker: It's a LEGNAM
2 other collegues: A Ledlun?
Worker: *sigh* Don't worry *shakes head*
Worker: *turns to me* I just need you to pop your bonnet so i can grab the VIN number
Me: Sure
Worker: *looks in the engine bay* Hec-tic.

At the lights at Hume Highway, Enfield, a civic and a Commodore SV6 go one on each side of me. I'm sandwiched. The guy in the SV6 peers over my car and looks at his mate in the civic and says "PINK SLIP IT". I just looked ahead with my hand resting on my chin. The lights went green they both try taking off, i'm in D, I hammer it and BAM dusted them both by a good 5 car lengths.
At the next set of lights the commodore driver looks at his mate and goes wtf???

A couple at the caltex station were looking at the car while i was filling up. The dude said "yep that's a chinese car"

A magna with 4 dudes in there were driving next to me and one of them goes "MATE, that is f***en awesome!!" I smiled and said thanks man :)

G

Unregistered
A couple at the caltex station were looking at the car while i was filling up. The dude said "yep that's a chinese car"

Haha, that's hilarious.

Unfortunately I haven't had too many good ones, most people at the lights don't even look twice, so I can't prove them wrong. Although have seen a couple of people in carparks with a "WTF?!?!" look on their face, priceless :D

Best one though, mate at uni was asking if I still had my motorbike, and I said "unfortunately I sold it to help fund the new car", and he said "you sold your motorbike to buy a Magna??" :banghead:

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
At work the other day, I was in the car-park in our building talking about the rides we had in there (being in IT, there is an often interesting collection of cars and bikes belonging to staff and clients when they rock up).

I was talking about how the Legnum was a "grey import" when one of the girls looked at Loki and said quite quizzically,

"But your car is silver, not grey."

:ROFLMAO:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Speaking of priceless faces, a guy in a Magna wagon on bling bling rims nearly ran off the road in Mudgeeraba when he saw the VR-4's lined up lol.....

Where the cars are all parked at the pub in this thread HERE, this guys cut about 4 laps to get a good look haha

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
P plater in civic: Nice pontiac
Me: It's a magna
P plater in civic: Bullshit
Me: Yep, laters *woooo off the lights*
P plater in civic: (at next set of lights) YOU'RE A LIAR MAN!!

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Exactly what i thought after... i thought i was hearing things. I have no idea how he could have thought this. It clearly says Mitsubishi on the tailgate as well! :confused:

Top Bottom