Best quotes about VR-4s

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I lol'd :D, thinking along the same lines but Brad beat me to it.

At least Pete you're old enough to remember LSD... or is that forget... um, why is the paint melting off the walls again???

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
this happened today on the way to work from homebush to randwick, somewhere around kingsford, near NSW Uni

fully RICED honda civic sports with fake type R badge (he forgot to remove the sports badge) some young juvinile hongkie (Sorry guys... i am sure they do not mind) with a fat chick. At the traffic light

Him: hey, nice bodywork for a magna. Its not ralli Art or anything is it?
Me : no, mate. (about to close the window)
Him: Why did you spend money on the magna? (starts reving)
Me : (closed window then changed my auto transmission to sequencial, choped him in half)
Next traffic light i waited for him at the lines, he changed the lane and stopped behind me, about 20m from my back..

Last month, at homebush bay drive, i had a go with this young enthusiastic korean p plater with Hyundai Tiburon. He asked me what it is and want to have a go. He faded away from my mirrors. However, i was chased my Merc ML65 AMG and he own. bum.....

Last week, i took it to the church and one of the guys saw it and said "well, VR-4. is it a new version of VRX magna?"

Took it to work and on the lunch break, i took it to the maroubra. the parking inspector asked me "Excuse me, is this a new accord wagon?"

At RTA, when i did my rego at lidcomb last month, the lady at the desk asked me three times "Are you sure it's not a spelling mistake?"

My friends girlfriend said " it cant be quicker than my lancer. your car only have upto 180k/h on the dash

ianturbo

Crunching Gears
First Name
ian
Drive
legnum vr4
Just read this from page 1 , lots of very good comments , i get "that looks mean as f#@k !!
so what is a magna ??? forgive me for i am British !! :banghead:
ian

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
A Magna is an Oz/NZ market medium-large car, usually FWD (there was an AWD version released briefly). Built in the now-defunct :( Tonsley Park factory in Adelaide, it came in sedan and wagon and looks somewhat similar to a Galant/Legnum.

The Verada (upmarket version) was also exported to the US as a Diamante.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Mitsubishi Magna Wagon:
ROG636.JPG

Ralli Art Magna Sedan:
Lancer_m_m.jpg

So to the un-educated you can see why they might see mitsubishi and have no idea :p

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
The Mitsubishi Magnas are also known as Diamantes for the NZ/USA markets, but also known as Sigmas over in Mainland Europe (no, not the Aussie Sigma from the late 1970s-mid 1980s).

Someone actually asked if Loki was a "Magna Ralliart Wagon" at one stage!

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
NRMA battery man: Pop the bonnet for me mate
Me: *click*
NRMA battery man: *pulls up bonnet and his eyes light up* twin... turrr-bbbo. Sweet jesus... I've never seen a verada like this
Me: Yeah same *shrug*

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I told a fella at work about it and his jaw dropped.
"It's got a WHAT? Twin turbo V6? that. is. mad."
Next day I walked into work and the first thing he said with a smartarse smile on his face was:
"So....lost your license yet?"
Everytime i mention Twin turbo peoples eyes go wide hehe.
And had a customer come in to work say
"New wagon out back?"
"Yeah mate, Mitsu Legnum Twin turb V6"
"Wow she'd have some go eh?"
"Pretttty quick"
"Too bad it's so ugly, thats why they wouldn't have supplied them here...all the imports have a American shape I reckon"
This was the point I realised he had no clue. I just smiled and looked at his N/A Liberty outside and smiled at him again. Most people double take and i've had some comments about how nice the car looks.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah I hate it when people feel like being d**kheads just for the sake of it. But i've had a few comments about why i'd buy it, then i tell them the price, specs and engine and it all becomes apparent. But around where I work is definitely Commodore country, so bloody many of them...and if it's not an Aussie V8 "it's got no balls" :ROFLMAO:
The VR4 is one of the most affordable, underrated performance cars around in my book. I mean VR4's are a hell of a lot of a car for the money, and the boys like Brad in NZ are picking ones up for ridicuously cheap. I seen one for $8500 NZ a while ago for a Type S "96 with around 120,000km on the clock, nothing wrong as far as I could see. And im sure they could be found cheaper if you looked.

G

Unregistered
On paying for my petrol

Cashier: Nice car
Me: Yeah shes beautiful
Cashier: 4G63 Turbo
Me: No, V6 Twin Turbo
Cashier: She'd fly
Me: Yeah, all wheel drive too
Cashier: :eek:

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
At the drags the other night this guy said he was from NZ...

me - "So you would know what these cars have"
him - "yeah, **looks over my should at the boost map of the interceptor** that'll be where your second turbo kicks in"
me - "no it's not a staged twin turbo like the Scooby Legacy's"
him - "but you can see with the ramp in the boost curve it's coming on at 3000rpm, that's where your second turbo kicks in"
me - "no these turbos are on separate manifolds either side of the engine... they are not staged"

A couple of years ago with my older 6G galant what with my brother-in-law, he looked down the intake side of the engine and said "hmm T28 turbo, awesome!" And I pointed to the other side and said "No it's not a Nissan, and it's a TD04"

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
At the carpark of the local shopping centre a younger bloke about 20 or so came over to the car and said that at first he thought it looked like "one of the new Skyline GTR wagons".:confused: Very Random. I told him it was a 97 model Legnum and he couldn't believe the car was 11 y.o. :)

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
i keep getting the magna treatment......"grumbles"
someone saw it for the first time and said "thats a sick bodykit....where you get that from i never seen one like it"
his face was priceless when i told him its standard...

Top Bottom