binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Hi all,

New here and don't currently own a VR-4, however am looking to buy one in a few months...

Currently, finishing Subaru Liberty (MY03) N/A -> TT conversion and will be selling that on to purchase something the Mrs can drive (i.e. auto), on one condition that it has a fun motor ;)

Daily drive is Audi A4 '09 2.0T AWD 6MT which is great, but it's a luxury cruiser and can (will) not transport our dog in it.

Been looking at auto wagons, WRX, Forester, Commodore V8, but all are not quite right ... Enter the Legnum VR-4.

So, will be reading the forums here and will participate in discussions where I can add value, with the view to buy an auto leggy once the Suby is finished and sold.

Cheers!

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to OzVR4! Good luck on your Legnum hunt. Giz a look at your cars.

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Thanks GMan and Size1!

I don't have any decent pics, but here's a couple of recent ones...

Liberty
Subaru.png

A4
Audi2.png

Audi1.png

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Thanks mate! Haha I know, the Suby is the dog transport at the moment...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Welcome aboard. What motor's going into the Liberty? EJ20x or...255?:D

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Thanks mate!

The Liberty is receiving a very fresh EJ208 from a MY01 import B4 RSK half cut. EJ257 would have been nice ;)

Thanks for the link, I will read and ensure I make an informed decision!

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Nice cars! Will be interesting to know how the conversion turns out.

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Cheers for the links guys! Heaps of reading to do!

I'm also in the process of moving to Melbourne, so juggling the move, finishing the conversion, full time work, and part time study ... a bit too much going on at the moment. Can't wait to get settled and back into a routine.

I'm a huge fan of GC8's, would like to add one to the stable at some stage, the best looking WRX IMO...

Will keep you all posted on the progress of the Liberty build ... will be sad to sell it on, but very exciting to get into something new!

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Thanks Akys! Some very interesting reading on the forums, I think I'd like to have a crack at the transmission wave spring fix (if the Leggy I buy doesn't have it already done!).

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
nice cars both of them (used to own an s3 and now have an outback and gc8)! was it you that rang me the other day about a b4? if so I've lost your number!

binary

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
Subaru Liberty
Audi A4
Thanks mate, nice GC8 build there! I've thought about buying a forester, lowering it and going single turbo ej257. I haven't heard great things about the Subaru autos so it didn't fit my new requirements unfortunately.

Nah that wasn't me mate, haha I wonder who it was?!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
a mate of mine has a forester, currently at 260atw on e85 with a vf34. it's now running a 6 speed box though. he's also building a new motor up for it, should be 350 ish atw.... thanks for the build feedback too, hopefully I'll have time to make it a very different car in the next little while....

vr4s are ok in an auto, the later the model the better though. they even run different ecu code for quicker and more positive shifts

Bugger that it wasn't you who rang though, how many Brads are there with a b4 in Sydney i wonder?

Top Bottom