BLITZ iD users - please post your settings...

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Hey guys.

Can you please post your Blitz iD settings as I would like a starting point.

thanks!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I have a blitz id, but it not installed so have no settings... haha sorry

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Spike.... SPIKE!!!! ;)

Prob the wrong forum to ask man.... Prob ask on a Skyline forum, they like blitz stuff more than we apparently do lol

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Well I stayed up last night and installed the new unit... and Dawso...( ,,l,, ) to you man.. hehe :p it doesn't spike at all... once I played with the gain it is rock solid. Comes on boost smooth and steadily holds to redline.

I haven't played with manual yet; I'm hoping to try on the weekend.

Thanks anyway guys; I knew some of you had them, just wondered what settings, if you used auto or manual... etc.

Also; side point; for a bit of fun; I setup scramble on channel 2 for 2 seconds which seems to make it a rocket off the line then holds steady through 3rd and 4th gears when it switches back to controlled mode.

G

Unregistered
I have a dual sbc blitz but they set up a bit differently but my mate here got a sbc id but cant remember what he set his on.
I have my gain on 27 and ratio on 28 to give me 1 bar boost.
Am running with rooted turbos now so will se how the ebc settings change when the garretts go on.

kenthung

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
VR4
Hello, I come from HK. Just read your post, hope still can give a hand on it.

Aside from setting up the SET & GAIN, you got to setup all other values right before tuning.

Auto Peak = off
AC/WG = AC if you don't have external wastegate

AUTO/ Manual = Manual (only single small turbo car can use AUTO)

After that, tune the SET value, if you are running stock turbo and no racing ECU, I would recommand you run it on about 0.95 bar, you can turn SET to 44 or 45.

and GAIN, it's actually talking about how fast the response is , that is how much petrolium you want the fuel bump to bump!

This value related to so many stuffs, may different from all cars and based on your mods and your car condition. If you are running with stock air intake and stock fuel bump, I've tried that the max can only set to 21, and will spike if set more than that, also the response is not satisfy also.

And after change to ARC air intake, the value even cannot over 19, but the response is faster! (only from this little point, you can see the tuning differences.)

And, I finally changed the fuel bump to a 4000cc one and run with ARC intake, now can set GAIN to 29 or 30, and the car run like rocket!!

From my own opinion, the first key to tune up a turbo is to change a BIG fuel bump, and clean the fuel route, otherwise, it will be very easy to get spike and ruin your turbo and ruin your car.

Hope the above can help~

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Kenneth,

Thanks for your info. I seem to get good stable results running settings as follows:

SET: 55
GAIN: 6

Seems to deliver about 13.9psi steadily and still comes in fairly quick; I mean they are really small turbo's, spool time is not really every a problem.

I will give your settings a go and see how they go.

Cheers, much appreciated.

Brett

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
-Update-

Kenneth; Thanks for your settings. WOW rock solid 13.4 never budges and the delivery is so smooth; I'll be keeping these settings. much appreciated!!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Looks like I need to get a Blitz id unit than =)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
thread mining! :) I've got the dual SBC and the settings from Japan were Gain 20, duty 35, and I would get 15psi spike and settle on about 11psi.

I then tried a gain of 5 and this seemed a little low as the response seemed worse.

So what would people suggest? particularly looking your way brett (if you manage to read this!)

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Lee, I pretty much run Kenneth's settings... but with a slight tweak here or there. I will confirm when I get off work and post up tonight at some stage.

I see 12.8 - 13.9 psi on average. Obviously depending on temp and other conditions.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I have a Blitz I-Color but am having a problem. The unit only boots into MMD Mode. I have checked connections and the internet but cannot find a fix. I even tried a new solenoid but same problem.

Anyone ever had the same prob? Or know what could be wrong?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Scott, can you post pics or describe what happens a little more. I thought MMD stood for Multi Function & Multi Angle Display. Without more to go on, I would suggest checking your ground point for a clean contact, I have read about blitz units cracking the sh^#$ when they don't have a clean ground.

Top Bottom