Body Kits

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
LOL actually Lee I think that's the best phoenetic spelling of a Kiwi accent I've ever read! Nice one Josh!! :D

Only things you'll find there specifically to fit out cars are here

Cheers Trivor!!

From hours of lustening to Tum & Phul, a couple of cherecters on the Martin Molloy Brown Album. Freakin funny as.:ROFLMAO:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I drove past CarMate yesterday arvo while going home.

It's an almost brand new shop. Looks pretty smick with lots of wheels in the front window.

Must drop by one time .....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Anyone know what this is?

FrontBumper.jpg

I think its the best front bar I've seen for a VR4, and I want one...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
its the same front bar as mine, Dolphin Aeroform.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
looking at that auction..

which is a better, as in structural rigidity..

Carbon Fiber, Carbon Kevlar or Kevlar?

G

Unregistered
carbon is lighter than kevlar, but weaker as well.

kevlar is more used for its ability to be coloured, rather than its strength, thus carbon kevlar bonnets, which can have a red, blue, yellow, green, etc weave, and still keep some of the lightness of carbon.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
so none of it is strong?! that's kinda dumb.. I thought carbon's suppose to be strong?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I have asked questions of him and he seems nice and friendly, but I haven't actually dealt with him. He has 127 feedback though which is reasonable.

G

Unregistered
so none of it is strong?! that's kinda dumb.. I thought carbon's suppose to be strong?

Why are you after something strong in your bonnet? Intending on running into something or dropping something heavy on it?

You could always go a Fibreglass bonnet (which probably has the same strength anyway) and cover it in carbon vinyl :p

I think (anyone correct me if im wrong) carbon is strong under tension and compression, but not under sheer. So you can push and pull it but dont bend it.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I think (anyone correct me if im wrong) carbon is strong under tension and compression, but not under sheer. So you can push and pull it but dont bend it.

FRP (fibre reinforced plastic) composites are usually designed to take advantage of the fibres' tensile strength. They are not strong in compression. Shear forces are not the same as bending forces - they are what happens when you try to cut the material. Carbon and Kevlar FRP can be extremely resistant to bending if the material is layered with some thickness in between layers (think how stiff honeycomb core flat sheets can be). This is because the outside of the bend is resisting the force by tension.

I am guessing that crash structures like the F1 safety cells are resistant to crushing because you can't really "compress" a thick sheet edgewise - it will try to fold and crumple, which will be all bending-type forces.

Kevlar, by the way, is one of the most shear-resistant materials around. That's why they make bulletproof vests out of it - the bullet applies mostly shear forces when it tries to penetrate a surface. Cutting a woven mat of Kevlar will blunt steel scissors after about a centimetre (I've tried). You need ceramic blades to cut the stuff.

(I may be a computer geek now, but I studied mechanical engineering and materials science)

G

Unregistered
I have asked questions of him and he seems nice and friendly, but I haven't actually dealt with him. He has 127 feedback though which is reasonable.

Watch the 8 negatives and 6 neutrals he does seem to stuff people
around a bit, ive also asked questions and he gave me the run around..

Just make sure you know what your getting is actually in the pics...

G

Unregistered
as above... he uses pictures from other members.
just ask to see some of his REAL WORK.

G

Unregistered
got any pics of it SHOWVR? i really like the vogue hood/front bar

as requested - pics, car is going in for a full respray next week then evo 9 brembos and new rims will be fitted;)

Attachments

• VR4 004 (320 x 240).jpg
    VR4 004 (320 x 240).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 131
  • VR4 007 (320 x 240).jpg
    VR4 007 (320 x 240).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 117
G

Unregistered
Does the Evo side skirts and rear bar fit the Leggies aswell or just the front bar?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
that's a custom bar to replicate the evo one, it's not straight off an evo.

Top Bottom