Body Kits

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
THEY DON'T FIT STRAIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE EVO 4/5/6 STYLE BUMPERS AND SIDE SKIRTS

for the xxxth time!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
And the lines don't follow the lights/bonnet very well.

I am yet to see an impressive front bar that follows the lines well.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Has anyone seen the bodykits for galants on ebay? Assuming they'd fit a legnum (would they?), the total cost including the absolutely ridiculous postage charge from the US is only AU$750! Check the ebay link. If the quality was ok, then it is actually a very reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02-03-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-CYBER-FULL-BODY-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ024QQitemZ370034176159QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

99-03-GALANT-CY2-FB.jpg

99-03-GALANT-CY-FB.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
yeah speed factory do both of those. They fit averagely, they are designed for USDM cars. They look fantastic when they are installed though.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Hey brad, what does 'fit averagely' mean? Would you recommend it in terms of a pre FL legnum? This seems to be the best price available for a full body kit, at least delivered to Oz anyway I think. Any links or pics to one of these fitted to a legnum? I'm seriously considering it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
5-10mm gap around the headlights, grill and not lining up perfectly on the sides. All can be fixed by a good panel beaters though.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Ok thanks Brad. 5 to 10mm is not a mammoth space.

How many actual work hours do you reckon a panel beater would spend to custom fit/adjust and paint this though? Half a day? Maybe $100 worth of paint max?

Couldn't cost more than $500, though I may be dreaming...

However what are the other options for us aussies??

Still works out the best price, I think Freddys dolphin kit worked out at $1400, not including fitting or painting.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i find that anything painted costs quite a bit, cause they still have to buy a tin either way.. think of how much a regular panel costs to respray... i think it will be a bit more than $100 :) maybe thats just brisbane.......

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Trevor aka siliconangel said he got 1lt for $100. 1lt has gotto be enough?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No, I said I could GET 1L for $100 in two-pack for X08 (Pyrannese Black). I also got quotes up to $170 for genuine base-coat. Which is why I ended up just getting someone else to do it for $200.

You'd only need about 100-150ml for a front bumper... Assuming you've got some spray painting experience (and if you don't I have no idea what you're doing anywhere near your car with that spray gun!).

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Ok sorry dude, my bad, misunderstood u.

I think it would be a bit of a crazy idea to spend $10k or so on your car and then spray the bumper yourself and potentially ruin it.

I'm just a tight ass when it comes to finding tradesman to do some work for me.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There are a lot of spray painters out there, many of whom will give you an ok job. There are very few truely good ones. Getting a good spray job with clear that doesn't run or have an 'orange peel' (dimpled) finish not only takes correct preparation and technique, but an optimal environment as well. Getting the right airflow / light / heat balance takes years of experience. So if you want a great job ask a lot of questions, do some leg work and be prepared to pay a little extra.

The job I got was great for the money - no runs, but orange peel is evident. It matches up nicely and I'm happy with the result as the paint on my car is chipped and far from perfect. But if the rest of the car had new-looking paint I would have happily spent twice that on the bumper.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
has anyone found a local source in australia for a dolphin front bar ?

i need to get a replacement bar as they had problems trying to fix it. the factory bar is $950 odd delivered including the tow hook cover. this is ready to bolt on no painting needed etc if you order the correct part. although i like the dolphin kit is it going to be heaps dearer or do think i could get one for the same price?

G

Unregistered
you''ll be paying twice that for a gen dolphin front bar, unpainted

and as you yet i know of no one in oz producing or even ready to produce any kit for the 8G.

G

Unregistered
what bodykits can you put on a legnum ive heard you can put EVO & Galant is this true?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Doubt if any of the EVO kits will fit due to the vehicle size difference.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Front bumbers are interchangeable between the galant and legnum, same for side skirts. Rear bumpers are different for obvious reasons.

EVO kits won't fit, but there are aftermarket EVO style kits designed specifically for VR4's.

Top Bottom