Bogans and their V8s

G

Unregistered
today i was just driven around and pulled up to a set of lights then a bogan in a old falcon ute with a V8 in it pulled up next to me. i didn't really take much notice until he started to rev his engine and would stop lookin at me.

so when the lights turned green i didn't even launch it and we were dead even until boost kicked in and it was all over. i smashed him with out even launchin it! i pulled over further up the road and he pulled in behind me and had a go at me calling me a smart arse and told me to take my jap shit back where it came from.

Wat a tool, he just couldn't handle being beat by a jap car! anyway later on i seen him again at the lights so i pulled next to him reved the engine and he just turned his head away and pretended to not see me. i couldn't stop laughing at him!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haha, it's always good fun to do things like that, especialy because they keep pace with you off boost.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
When I first got the Galant on the road, I was selling cars for Holden - there was this real d*ckhead who came and bought a brand new V8 Calais, really made the staff feel like dirt. It was also the weekend of the Clipsal 500 and it was raining on the Saturday night, and I was out cruising when I pull up at a set of lights, and said bloke was there alongside me in his new car. He'd just got a new exhaust on, and was giving it a good rev, looking over at me, and laughing to his mates in the car. Well I absolutely smashed him - 5000rpm and sidestepped the clutch, wheelspin from all fours across the intersection.

Poor bloke thought he'd been done by a Magna, so I heard later lol.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
I like the classic move taken by a V8 bloke after leaving him behind at the lights or intersection.......he turns off down a side street in shame so he doesnt have to face my VR4 at the next intersection, nice one bro

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
My favourite was an encounter with an FPV Falcon, we went through about 5 sets of traffic lights in a row. I nailed it from the first set and beat him, he wasn't really trying though. Second set he was trying, and I still beat him, by about 2 car lengths by 70kmh. For the next three sets I nailed it everytime, but he didn't try once, he just slowly got away from the lights like a grandma :)

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Haha! good stories, I always like it when people (especially arrogant twats) get caught out.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
lol im a bogan at heart but cant wait to smash the odd v8 here and there

Oh and i mean on the race track, which is what im sure you guys were talking about ;) :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have a few stories from the oppisite side of the fence. I used to get heaps of young kids trying to race my torana at the lights in there japanese cars, once i had a guy next to me in a S13 who wanted to have a go, so I stalled my car up (450hp stroker with a 4,500 stall converter) smashed the guy of the line, smacked second gear (B&M manualised auto) and stepped the rear into his lane and took off up the road.

Most of the time I used to put around anyway and pretend to race people :)

You can tell the V8's to stay away from cause they sound a whole lot different to the stockers.

G

Unregistered
I'm a very big fan of V8s, but I've never held them in any higher regard than I do smaller engines.

I've never really been especially biased when it comes to cars, I love Holdens and Fords as much as any Japanese or Euro car. They've all got their pros and cons, and I think it takes a pretty fucking small mind to devote any time to carrying on about how much more awesome one is over the other.

Still, that's life eh! And like you blokes said, I agree that it's always fun to put an arrogant dickhead in their place, haha.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Well said Van, both Import and V8 lovers can be arrogant towards each other.

These are the bomb when it comes to V8's

http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/ttspecs.htm

Bolt on Twin Turbo kit for LS1 / LS2 engines + 10 grand = 10 sec quarters

G

Unregistered
i cant say i'd say no to a TT V8 over a TT V6. ;)

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
yep im a lover of any nice ride that is someones pride and joy v8 or Turbo. To be honest its the attitude of the old skool FORD or HOLDEN fans who refer to japanese rides as crap because its a IMPORT that puts me offside. Lets be honest here I think there is more discrimination from the V8s towards the jappers then jappers towards the V8s. Any bites? Dont get me wrong, there are nice V8's out there (alot that look the same) Anyway im In Iraq at the moment driving GMC V8s and they go like snot even with 5 tonnes of armour shot out!!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
All the bullet holes make it lighter, don't they? Didn't realise you were over there DarkVR4.

Agreed though - any car that's well built should be respected. It's the automotive equivalent of respecting multiculturalism.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Well yeah its not the bullets we worry about its the IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices) and the VBIED (Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive devic/Car bombs) hmmmmmmm I wouldnt mind an armoured VR4 as a get away ride LOL
All the bullet holes make it lighter, don't they? Didn't realise you were over there DarkVR4.

Agreed though - any car that's well built should be respected. It's the automotive equivalent of respecting multiculturalism.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Well yeah its not the bullets we worry about its the IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices) and the VBIED (Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive devic/Car bombs) hmmmmmmm I wouldnt mind an armoured VR4 as a get away ride LOL

error in post (ignore)

G

Unregistered

Ha Ha Speed Hole Theory Eh Christian lol I have both Beaten and been beaten by V8's in my old 180sx, There is always something faster then you out there, both turbo and NA, but there is also always something slower that think they are fast :p

Top Bottom