Bolt on front callipers for PFL Legnums/ warped rotors?

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 {1997}
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
Hi Guys,

New to all this VR-4 stuff and I’m only getting around to understanding the car more. I couldn’t find a clear answer on this and I was hoping that someone with more knowledge than me and my research skills could more blatantly list either upgraded callipers they have or know fit for PFL Legnums. {I have a 1997 EC5W VR-4}

Partially related to this issue also is that when coasting from about 100kmh, theres a moderate shake that comes from what seems like the front passenger side wheel. The shaking/vibration goes away when I start accelerating even slightly, my original thoughts on this were probably the wheel balance but got them all balanced and it still occurs, just less. The cars been sitting for abt 18 months prior to my purchase of it a week ago, so could it be my rotors are warped?

Thanks a bunch

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
You can go with better rotors, pads and SS brake lines but to upgrade the calipers, you will need to replace the PFL hubs with Series 2 FL hubs.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Hi Guys,

New to all this VR-4 stuff and I’m only getting around to understanding the car more. I couldn’t find a clear answer on this and I was hoping that someone with more knowledge than me and my research skills could more blatantly list either upgraded callipers they have or know fit for PFL Legnums. {I have a 1997 EC5W VR-4}

Partially related to this issue also is that when coasting from about 100kmh, theres a moderate shake that comes from what seems like the front passenger side wheel. The shaking/vibration goes away when I start accelerating even slightly, my original thoughts on this were probably the wheel balance but got them all balanced and it still occurs, just less. The cars been sitting for abt 18 months prior to my purchase of it a week ago, so could it be my rotors are warped?

Thanks a bunch
The best braking gain I made was using braided brake lines and 5.1 brake fluid.
I use Remsa pads all-round, soft but very grippy hot or cold. The alternative is going to face lift hubs etc and perhaps brembos but the cost is out there.
If it's just a daily you won't need anything more. Don't bother with dimpled slotted rotors I have tried them twice and they warp too easily.
You wheel problem may be the bearing, they tend to do that at a constant speed.

Top Bottom