boost controllers help please

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys.
Got a question.
A guy is trying to sell me a boost controller here and it is missing the loom.
I can get all of the wireing of the net but can anyone tell me if I can make a loom or run direct cables into it to get it to work.
I think it should be able to be done but I was hoping for some advice from someone who may know a bit more.
Cheers guys.

G

Unregistered
more boost controller stuff

Hi again.
I was looking at buying a single solenoid controller by blitz and can anyone tell me if there is any difference for our twin turbos as there is a double solenoid controller too so whats the diff between the two and can they both work on the vr4 or is one better then the other but basically will the single solenoid controller be ok for the vr4.
Cheers

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Hi Adam first don't buy a boost contoller with missing parts it will not be worth it. I use a Greddy Profec B Spec2 and I also have a manual boost controller ($30) and to tell you the truth there is not much if any difference between the $30 and $390 it terms of performance. I'm not sure if this is due to the small turbos on the car as I would always recommend an EBC but with these cars it does seem to matter to much.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The reason you would get an EBC is because it allows you to modify the boost from in the car...... The GReddy is dual stage, giving you 2 preset boost settings - Mine are 7 and 12.5PSI..... They are managable, stop boost spiking etc etc. SO, they are better for the car and the turbos. I would rather pay $390 for higher boost than $30 + $1500 for a new turbo!

Just my thoughts anyways lol.....

BTW, don't buy something with bits missing, buy a full unit! :D

Dawso

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I don't understand though why you would want to be able to change the boost. Just set it, tune the ecu for that level of boost and forget about it. or if you want to get serious, get a controller that allows you to set the level of boost specific to points in the rev range, or alternatively an ecu that includes the same function. The ease of adjustment with an EBC only encourages a possibilities of a mismatched tune, and or accidental damage.

BTW, whilst you will see significant spiking with a bleed valve, a spring/ball valve (much like the turbotech) is not likely to give you any more of a spike than an EBC. IMHO I'm with Whiteleg, better spending $30 on a turbotech, than over 3 times that on an EBC.

Top Bottom