Boost solenoid restrictor

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Kyp had a couple in stock so bought it for $390 and $160 to install.

Did a search the price i got on the unit was good.
Thanks for being honest there with the prices. All I was going to suggest was for that money, you could get a 3port and tune from @TME_Steve and the car would be exponentially better.
I note that you're in Perth and its not a common place for Steve to travel, he been there in the past. Something to consider for next upgrade

LEGNUMFST

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Neville
Drive
1999 Legnum vr4 type s
Yeah i have been speaking to steve about a tune bit hard being in perth. The greddy has advantages boost gauge/ graphs. Bit confused about the whole 3 port as the greddy has a 3 port solenoid?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
If your tuner (hopefully Steve if you get enough demand in Perth) can tune with the EBC then it's win-win as you've replaced the possibly dodgy factory solenoid with something more solid.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can tune with an aftermarket boost controller no problem ;)

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
7 psi with restrictor in solenoid
9 psi with restrictor removed

removal of the restrictor gives about a 2psi gain.

with out restrictor boost comes on much smoother and has much less spiking when an mbc is fitted running at 13.5psi
After removing the pill, I have the same results on my PFL, much smoother and gets to boost a little quicker.

Top Bottom