Bought a Legnum

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Long story short. I was financing the car on behalf of a mate who saw it on J-spec imports and couldn't afford it at the time and went through the process of buying it through them.
He said I could have a couple of the mods in exchange of the standard parts on my car. He now won't be able to pay me back for the car so I'm left with it.

I now can take any mods I want now, so what I want to know is what is worth taking before selling it.

List of mods are: (from what I can remember as J-specs website is down)
Cusco coilovers
Greddy Intercooler kit
HID headlights
Full bodykit (with small cracks)
Vogue spoiler
Work Emotion CR Kai (not sure size look like 18s)
Mines ECU
Blitz BOV
Pod Filter
Aftermarket Bonnet with pins (has garden hose coming from vent to the pod filter:lol:)
Reversing camera
Aftermarket sound system
Turbo Timer
Boost Guage
At least Catback
and more....

The car is still in japan but I have paid for it.
Originally I was going to swap my intercooler kit with the greddy one and the exhaust. Is the mines ECU worth a look, I know mines can only modify them. The other thing I was going to do was swap my woodgrain with the carbon look it has. I already have coilovers too and I'm not parting it out to you guys as well:p.

Not so short

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i dont mean to be rude, but what is the point of this thread?

are you askin us what we think you should take?

if so, i think you should take what you want, its all good gear

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Cusco coilovers - yes
Greddy Intercooler kit - yes
HID headlights - worth hardly anything...
Full bodykit (with small cracks) - depends if you like it
Vogue spoiler - as above
Work Emotion CR Kai (not sure size look like 18s) - yes
Mines ECU - if you get it replaced with a 7202 you can get it tuned here anyhow
Blitz BOV - VTA bov = illegal in oz...
Pod Filter - poo filter, if not shielded a stock airbox with snorkel is better
Aftermarket Bonnet with pins (has garden hose coming from vent to the pod filter:lol:) - yes
Reversing camera - as if they will remove it anyway?
Aftermarket sound system - as above
Turbo Timer - totally bling only. not required
Boost Guage - yes
At least Catback - yes

2c

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
i dont mean to be rude, but what is the point of this thread?

are you askin us what we think you should take?

if so, i think you should take what you want, its all good gear

Just wanted opinions to see is worth considering and what is a waste of time

G

Unregistered
when the time comes for u to remove parts for your needs...send me a pm with what is left over and ill let you know if any of it i want ;)

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Hey guys I just want to be clear that I'm not selling anything yet I was just after advise. When I get the car I will assess what I want to do with the mods and post up in the for sale section. I don't want it to seem like I'm selling anything in this thread and break rules of the forum.

Another question does anyone know much about the mines ECU's I thought If I have the same mods it should be fine, but I'm sure it would be tuned for 100 octane fuel?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Hey guys I just want to be clear that I'm not selling anything yet I was just after advise. When I get the car I will assess what I want to do with the mods and post up in the for sale section. I don't want it to seem like I'm selling anything in this thread and break rules of the forum.

Another question does anyone know much about the mines ECU's I thought If I have the same mods it should be fine, but I'm sure it would be tuned for 100 octane fuel?

But once you get it you WILL sell me the Vogue spoiler, yes, YES??? :D

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I am a little concerned cos J-Spec aren't answering my emails and their site has been down for a few weeks now. If anyone knows craig or ben at J-spec get them to contact me.

Last I heard it was at the docks in Japan and they wanted to know if I wanted some of the standard parts like the bonnet and suspension freighted separately as they dont allow extras stowed in the car anymore. That was a bit over 2 weeks ago.

I new I shoulda contacted the chef.

Top Bottom