Bought another 300zx........

G

Unregistered
I had a customer of mine selling a zed with a blown headgasket for a great price. so i had to buy it, this one is a 2 seater, my blue one is a 2+2, its 1990, twin turbo, 5 speed, preety much all stock.

havent got a cool name for this one yet, it is only known as the silver zed, or the communal zed in some circles.
i picked it up off a customer for a good price, it has a blown headgasket and badly overheated motor.
the goal is to fix it up to where its 100% mechanically, and also 100% legal, full emission gear, no illegal mods at all. even gonna runa front number plate.!
The secondary goal is to make 320rwhp on stock turbo;s , injectors, coolers and intake, so mods will be boost, tune and a catback exhaust.
excuse the night pics, didnt get back till late tonight.
IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319-1.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Have a mate with a Z, they are expensive to do anything to arnt they? He has been trying to fix his up too. Cost him a bucket load to get the engine done.

G

Unregistered
yup they;re expensive if you have to pay for work. i work on these things all the time, so no problem, i do between 10 and 12 motors a year for customers.

G

Unregistered
i might try and sell it in 6 or 12 months, add some cash and get a VR4.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Looks good.

The 300zx shape has managed to age very well. Kind of like the last of the RX-7s.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I have always liked the 300zx :)

One of my mates bought one too, quick car even though it was running horribly LOL

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
yeah, they really dont look that old. Ive always like the 300zx's.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
wife wants me to get one as a project car, they are an awesome shape i love them.

maybe some day

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The SR is a great swap because it solves all the packaging issues, which means it is no longer hard to work on, no longer has problems with underbonnet heat, etc. And it is just cool.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
They are bloody hard to work on with the VG30TT in them, too tight in there.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
That's if you don't think the SR20DET is one of the most overrated engines of all time.

I'd definitely do an RB25DET conversion on a Z32.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'm with Evan here, it is just a normal jap 4 cylinder engine. If you wanted a nissan coupe with a 4 cylinder engine, a standard ugly s13 or s14 would make more sense.

Top Bottom