Bought another 300zx........

G

Unregistered
lol you'd be nuts to install a 4 cyl. these cars are wayyyy to heavy. a 2+2 with all the trimmings is 1600kg.

In my opinion th VG is one of the best engines nissan made and it produces the most torque out of any of those early 90's turbo sixes.

theres a guy in bris with a rb26 in a 300zx, 320rwkw i think, that would be aworthwhile swap, but you are still dropping alot of torque

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
LOL @ SRs being "just another engine" too! There's the SR, 4G63, 3SGTE and then what? What else can compare?
Which, IMHO all sound pretty average compared to nearly any 5, 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

The only 4 cylinder note I've ever liked, aside from a sportsbike, is that of the Renault Clio Sports, and that's mainly down to the intake. Aside from boxers, of course.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
The only 4 cylinder note I've ever liked, aside from a sportsbike, is that of the Renault Clio Sports, and that's mainly down to the intake. Aside from boxers, of course.

Pity we can't bring in the Renault Clio Sport v6. That thing is MEAN !

G

Unregistered
Sure am! That one I posted would be plenty of fun.

LOL @ SRs being "just another engine" too! There's the SR, 4G63, 3SGTE and then what? What else can compare?

it has been done, a few times in jap land and at least once in AUS, the one in aus did just under 300rwhp but didnt perform to well/

plenty of space around it for those afraid of skinned knuckles tho :p

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
it has been done, a few times in jap land and at least once in AUS, the one in aus did just under 300rwhp but didnt perform to well/

plenty of space around it for those afraid of skinned knuckles tho :p

Please, I work on helicopters, 300zx's have nothing on those.:D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Which, IMHO all sound pretty average compared to nearly any 5, 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

Sorry. Didn't realise the key criterion that engines are judged on is the sound.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Nice lizard.
I've always been a fan of the 300ZX's since I was young.
That bassy grumble from the VG30DETT as it takes off in traffic is something that I've always loved.

My all time favourite would have to be a red facelift updated 1998 model (just like the one below)

RedZ32.jpg

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There's one in Australia. And it's for sale. And it's been for sale for a very long time. Currently asking $74k at last check

Eh? Serious?

There's a cool vid on Youtube where they've put a sequential semi-auto box in it plus supercharged the engine. The thing just screams & flies!!!!
I saw one in the flesh when I was in Zurich & was like "Holy Shit !"

Reckon it would be a fair headturner down here.

G

Unregistered
Hahaha, at least your not handeling carcinogenic anti-corrosions and sealants. Im a master at split pinning and lock wiring.

lol lock wiring, all the old english cars i work on have heaps of lock wire, ive got some of the special spiral pliers. im getting better at it (y)

G

Unregistered
Ever thought about being different and putting in a Nissan VK series engine. Possibly a naturally aspirated VK45DE?

A bit like Top Secret and their N/A RB26 R32?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Forgive my n00bishness but what is lock wire?

Lock wire is something we use on aircraft to stop the bolts or nuts from coming loose

lockwire.gif

These are some examples of how to lock wire something.

See how when the bolts are linked together, if you try to undo one it will tighten another. This is a way of making sure bolts and nuts dont come loose on aircraft.

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

These are just a couple of examples for you, I believe these are off some components of a jet engine.

Hope that helps.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
They sure are, especially when they are in places around the main gearbox and rotor heads or even some of the more obscure places ;)

Top Bottom