Brake Pads

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey can someone please tell me what brake pad part number the facelift Legnums have? Or if they're the same as say the Magna or something?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
These might help..

Magna TL AWD & TJ Ralliart
Bendix-MagnaTLAWD-TJRalliart-BrakeP.jpg

Evo IV - GSR (Non Brembo Fronts)
Bendix-EVOIVGSR-BrakePads.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
also the same as a 96+ jdm diamante 3L v6

Cool, 3rd gen magna ones are exactly the same as diamante 2nd gen diamante ones.

So you can use magna pads :D

I used to use the magna ones (same as a pajero) in 4wd type. Coupled with RDA slotted rotors, the brakes were awesome.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
So, if the break pads off the magna fit, does that mean that the RDA disks off a magna will fit too?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah well they use the same PCD, so I can't see why not. They're the same size too.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Sweet! So we can upgrade with out having to buy brembos! What year range is the 3rd gen magna anyway?

G

Unregistered
So, if the break pads off the magna fit, does that mean that the RDA disks off a magna will fit too?

Thats what I just put on my car ... RDA's with EBC Green stuff pads ;)
The are mint!
And good price too

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats what I just put on my car ... RDA's with EBC Green stuff pads ;)
The are mint!
And good price too

How much were the RDA's and also how much did you get the greenstuff pads for?

Was it front and rear?

Did it bolt straight on or did you have to dick around...?

G

Unregistered
Only did the fronts (check my pics they are on there) I'll check my receipt for the prices tonite ... The disks were around $240 each. Thats for the slotted rotors ...pretty sure the lot was around $700 installed.
I'll get the rears done eventually, but not really needed at the moment. most the braking is on the front ... Oh and they bolted straight on.
RPW did the lot ...

G

Unregistered
Sweet! So we can upgrade with out having to buy brembos! What year range is the 3rd gen magna anyway?

At around $2000 for S/H ones over here that is a very good point.

EBC greenstuff seams to be the way to go, Seen them used, and work well on a lot of cars

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
1996+
Some consider the TL/TW (ugly faced magna's) to be a 4th gen, but they're the same mechanically AFAIK. I never really researched them as I thought they were ferkin ugly.

They're the most commonly seen model on the streets for sure.

$240 a disc?? I got mine for around $110 each :confused: I know I had a 2nd gen but 2nd/3rd gen magnas used the same front discs...

G

Unregistered
VR-04-TT : u talking standard discs ? or slotted ...
U can see their prices on their website ;)

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
are all brake pads for legnums / galants the same? As in between wagon/sedan or series 1/series 2?

I have a set of EBC RedStuff (DP3954C) pads and also a set of Ferodo Excel 1223XL - these were bought with the idea of putting them on my evo 2 twin pots.

Will these fit my Series 2 Legnum?

Also have a set of Bendix Advance DB1278AD. These were bought for my gsr's single piston rear calipers. Are GSR rear calipers the same as Legnum rears?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There is no difference between sedan or wagon and they all use the same pads from 96 to 02, but I don't know about the evo 2 or gsr pads.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
VR-04-TT : u talking standard discs ? or slotted ...
U can see their prices on their website ;)

Slotted rotors, my mate's dad owns a brake and clutch workshop...so maybe I got them at cost. I'm not sure.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
I just wanted to know what the difference is between the two rear brake pads listed in page 1? Will either fit a face lift legnum? Is anyone using bendix advance pads in their car? I know people have mentioned the EBC red and green pads but I am just after basic pads. I have used the Bendix advance pads on other cars and like the low dusting they give. Can someone confirm that the part numbers listed on the first page are correct.
Thanks

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
I had already read that thread but it only has the EBC prices. I want to see if the Bendix pad part numbers are correct.

Top Bottom