Brembo Brake Caliper Upgrade

G

Unregistered
My rotors just turned up, they are farken huge!!!

We want pics Dion!

I hope to pick up my DBA rotors tomorrow that I won on ebay. Its been 3 MONTHs and a pain in the butt for the guy I got them off that has been ringing them most weeks asking when they will be ready. Fronts are 5000 sereis but we'll see once I get them.

Will be paying when I pick them up, dam I'm getting them cheap.
Hang on I don't have them yet :mad:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
3 months! Ouch dude that sucks :( I hope it all works out ok though!

G

Unregistered
The good news is I have new rotors the bad news is he was not given the upgraded ones like I was told but hey $430 is still a great price for all 4 rotors.

Edit: I phoned around to find out how much they would of cost, cheapest was $950 for all 4 so I got to be happy about that.
DBA.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
as far as I know DBA 4000 Series has part number 4xxx and same with 5000 Series having 5xxx

G

Unregistered
I'm in 2 minds at the moment weather to keep the fronts which will do the job just fine or get some 4000’s for the fronts and sell my front DBA 418SR/SL’s? Then again upgrading to the 4000 fronts might be a waist of money as they are already slotted now.

If anyone might want to buy the front rotors cheap, which suit the brembo upgrade PM me.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
What you've got there is basically what I have but in a different brand Emanuel. They'll do well :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Dam! i paid $375 for 3000 km old stock rotors, i thought i was on a good thing!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'm in 2 minds at the moment weather to keep the fronts which will do the job just fine or get some 4000’s for the fronts and sell my front DBA 418SR/SL’s? Then again upgrading to the 4000 fronts might be a waist of money as they are already slotted now.

If anyone might want to buy the front rotors cheap, which suit the brembo upgrade PM me.

Hi Daniel,

in my experience the DBA's aren't as good a quality rotor as RDA. What do i base this on? Myself and many friends and heaps of guys from the Skylinesaustralia forum using them for sprint days. The Kangaroo Paw is particularly bad for cracking and warping. I use RDA's on my Sil80 now, no problems any more. if you want more info on specifics PM me

Also what size rotors does the Leegy have?

G

Unregistered
Well if you have standard brakes then i think the fronts are 294mm and the rears are 284mm.

Or if you have upgraded to Brembo's then fronts are 320mm and rears are 300mm.

G

Unregistered
Got some evo 8 front brake disc covers, for the Brembo upgrade, but they are only an option as its your choice, with or without them. about $34 each new.
EDIT: Don't buy these they don't fit and we don't need them, the stock fronts work fine.

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Emanuel,

Where did you get those from? I would be interested in a set also, as my Brembo upgrade is now getting closer to happening.

My holdup was rims, but today I aquired a set of Evo 9 Enkei rims.

So now, the selection of some new rubber for these, and a clean up of the front discs and new front pads is all I need to be able to start getting my hands dirty on this job.

enkei-1.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey guys, I got the official word on the pricing of the braided brake lines from my dad.

Here's the deal:

Retail for all four lines is $308.06

OZVR4 Members will get them for $238.78

I also have a list of all the parts involved if anyone is interested. I can scan and post up the quote.

Cheers!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hahah no problems I will pass the message on :D

I can post these out too if anyone wants a set. There's also colour options, head to http://www.braidedhoses.com.au/ and it should tell you all about it. Hawkesbury Hydraulics is an agent for them

Oh here are the details of my dad's work, ask for John Baker. Mention you're from OZVR4 and are mates with his son, Paul :D

Hawkesbury Hydraulics
4 Fairey road South Windsor NSW 2756
PH: 02 45773494
Fax: 02 45775900
http://www.hawkesburyhydraulics.com.au/

G

Unregistered
Can someone confirm the evo 8 front and rear brake lines are what we need as thats what I dropped off at the workshop to be copied.

I'm 99% sure but can someone just fill that 1% that the evo 8 lines are what we need, before mass production starts :D

Thanks Paul :bigsmile:

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

I don't know if the Evo ones are the correct required. I believe I remember reading on the ClubVR4 forum that they are not suitable.

There is a picture of the ones I bought from the UK in the original EOI thread. They are the ones which ClubVR4 guys have used in the past.

The rear ones are 25cm from end of flange to bend in banjo bolt fitting.
The Front ones are 64cm from tip of banjo bolt fitting to end of flange.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gavin

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
All it is is the fitting that goes on the VR4 end of the line from what I've read. My dad will just put out VR4 fitting on instead of the Evo line. I'll get him to check our lines too.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Great stuff Paul. Ive decided to hold of getting anymore parts for the conversion for now but come mid may, it will be full steam ahead.

That said, i picked up my series 2 front hubs yesterday :p

Top Bottom