Brembo Brake Caliper Upgrade

G

Unregistered
I thought a Brembo's thread would be good as there are other but lets see them installed and some pics, maybe a guide. Prices you get them for...

I just got some on ebay for for US$810. Off an evo 8 2006 with only 3K on the clock they say?

Would the pads be good or is it best to get new pads for the new rotors?

Attachments

• Brembos1.jpg
    Brembos1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 744
  • Brembos2.jpg
    Brembos2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 735
  • Brembos3.jpg
    Brembos3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 736
  • Brembos4.jpg
    Brembos4.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 699

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Dude, your the one with the wicked breaks, so you do the write up! God I'm so freaking jealous rite now...

As for the pads, if it were me, I'd be putting new ones on. No point going new breaks, new disks and then some shitty second hand pads. Just doesn't feel rite.

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
With only 3K on the original Brembo pads I would stick with them. Mine had 8K on them when I bought them and they lasted for 12 months including 2 track days.:)

If you want new pads I would recommend Mintex MDB2592. Not expensive cost me about
£25 UK Pds for the fronts. They are low dust so keep the wheels looking good for longer.
The Brembo one's were really dusty giving black wheels after a couple of days.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
As long as your pads have plenty of fibre on them I don't see why you wouldn't use them.

In Australia if you want to replace them suggest EBC Greenstuff :)

G

Unregistered
if those are the pics of the actual calipers, then the 3rd pic shows plenty of meat left on the pads

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Im very jealous that you can 'simply' bolt yours in ;)

clubvr4 have guides on how to do this but i guess we need local members to do the conversion and show how they did it instead of blatently stealing theirs ;)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Well, I guess the consensus is to stick with the pads. I'll just sit quietly in the corner now :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
for those of you guys who had the brembo evo upgrade. Is there any braking improvement?

I am asking because my friend with evo 8 tuned engine for about 350 hp has a slight problem with their brembo braking performance when they drive it hard or on the track even though they already upgraded the brake pad.

I already had my 4 pot greddy alcon and love it so much. but some of my friend here want to do the evo 8 brembo upgrade but still questioning about the brembo braking performance. Because when u compare evo 8 weight to galant weight there is a lot of difference. With those weight difference will there be a braking improvent for this upgrade?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Hoffman - lots of people on clubvr4 have the brembo's with good pads and they love them, but of course it is possible to outdrive anything if you're really pushing hard.

G

Unregistered
They have arrived in the mail and are in great condition. I just need to get the rotors now.

Can we use evo brake dust sheilds as the original ones will be too small or can we just leave the brake dust shields off? I hope the evo ones fit????

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
the rears need to be trimmed or removed to get the bigger evo items on. Don't know about fitting an evo dust shield, I don't think anyone has tried.

G

Unregistered
the higher the better really..
usually they recommend Dot 3 as the minimum, but if you plan on lots of hard braking, i'd recommend Dot 5, or even that GS610 stuff.. that sounds good for track days!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
just don't get the silicon based stuff, it isn't compatible with the current stuff that will be in there and you don't want to have no brakes!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Agreed on the silicone stuff. Also I've been told that non silicone based brake fluid can absorb any condensation that *might* occur in your lines (It can happen, but not common to my knowledge), whereas silicone based fluid won't absorb it at all.

So what happens is instead of your brake fluid at a certain point having a slightly lesser effect, as would happen with water in non-silicone based, you get no effect at all when the water reaches the calipers.

Also, if anyone knows that what I've been told is a crock of shit, let me know. :D

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
When getting hold of the braided brake lines for the brembo upgrade, will lines suited to the evo/brembo calipers fit in at the legnum end?

Also Paul, can you still get the ones you had sussed out for your brackets?

G

Unregistered
most places can custom make braided lines to suit, however i know the evo rears suit, as you need to use them when you put brembo's on the rear.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
When getting hold of the braided brake lines for the brembo upgrade, will lines suited to the evo/brembo calipers fit in at the legnum end?

Also Paul, can you still get the ones you had sussed out for your brackets?

The lines? Yeah no problem at all. My dad works for a hydraulics company and he makes them. So I can get them any time.

The front stock lines will bolt up to the brembos no problem..but I didn't check the rear at the time. I would guess they won't as something has to give somewhere lol :p

So if the stock ones fit in the brembos, then I guess the braided will fit the stock ones too, at the front at least :)

G

Unregistered
Looks like I am going to get a front and rear set of HAWK PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS for christmas from my wife, which I've been told are way better than green stuff pads so safety first. I don't know what they would normally cost but mates rates for front and rear are cheap at $370, just waiting to get some rotors and the pads are coming fron the US. The brembo's will be going on sometime in Jan I hope.

http://www.hawkperformance.com

Top Bottom