VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
1999 vr4,cordia turbo,Evo 8,Nissan Autech Elgrand
I have a 2001 VR4 Galant I bought new Brembo Brakes front & rear
and also bought new DBA slotted rotors bought new pads, tried red stuff, green
stuff, and a few other brands, i have been told that genuine ralliart pads should fix it, but at $500+ a set id like to make sure i have elliminated everything else first.

Brakes squeel and i mean SQUEEEEEEL everytime i brake.

anybody ever heard of this before any suggestions??:confused:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
good luck.. I think with no matter what you do it'll squeal..

have you tried the anti-squeal spray that they sell at autobarn? apparently it works.. but I've never tried it..

VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
Yep tried the spray, silicone, tape patch things you stick on the back of the pads etc ive tried it all. i actually thought the rotars may be faulty but not sure

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
LMAO!

My GF has a EVO 7 and has had the same prob with 2 types of pads.
When i put brembos on mine, whaddyknow, same noise. I had the brembo pads and replaced them recently with Elig pads. I now have no noise and they grip better than the stock Brembo ones.

Have a looks for my post on Elig pads. Has supplier and price details.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
The adhesive doesn't do anything. I had the Fluro Orange stuff put on the brembos but bought some of the PBR stuff when i installed the Eligs.

Might help a little, but not make all the difference...

VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
your kidding!!!
thats great that yours has fixed that DAMN noise
il definately look them up
thanks for letting me know

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
OT: so far i haven't heard anything bad about the Elig pads.. except for the price LOL.. might look into them soon..

G

Unregistered
Make sure your using the metal shims on the back of the brake pads, including using the copper grease. If not, make sure your bedding in your pads properly too.

Otherwise, I've heard good things about the Elig pads, check out gtpumps for pricing.

G

Unregistered
ive never had any problems with brembos, had EBC red and green, gen brembo pads, endless.

just make sure to use the metal anti sqeel shims and plently of anti sqeel greese/spray.

Greg GSL

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Greg
Drive
Cross6
It's only a very recent addition to the QFM range, so I can't comment about any possible noise, but certainly none of QFM's other pads do, and they're cheap enough if anybody wants to give them a crack.

The HPX for Evo Brembo's in HPX (Bendix Ultimate equivalent) is $110...

Have a squiz here for full details:
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4626

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I've found the std. brembo's squeal for me and the the A1RM's definitely do to.

I'm going to get a set of the elig pads and get my discs skimmed before I put them in.

I have RDA slotted rotors.

I have tried metal shims, tape shims, pad adhesive you name it.

X fingers for elig pads.

edit: ugh im tempted to try the HPX pads if GSL have them in stock. Can't really punt $200 on pads if I don't need to.

Casper

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lewis
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 type S 4SALE!
Same here,got bremos put in with new pads and new slotted DBA discs and the squeal too... i was thinking it was the pads but looks like its something else,maybe discs are to hard??hope you guys find a solution,im sick of hearing the squealing!!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
for what its worth. i upgrade my s13 brakes to r33 turbo brakes. and they squealed like anything, i got the rotors machined, and that only stopped them squealing for a week. got a softer brake pad, did nothing.

in the end i got some slotted rotors and no more squeals, happy as.

i still dont get why they squealed on my car and not the original r33. maybe the master cylinder had some play in it.

G

Unregistered
Me too for the squeel.
I get the squeel from the pagid pads but not from the brembos.
I do find that once a week a quick spray of the WD40 and the squeel is almost gone.
You should always have a can of WD40 in the car as squeeks always pop up and WD40 works everytime.
I have stock brembo rotors but will be going to slotted ones soon so will let you guys know if any change.
Hey Brett how about some pics of the brembos on the Galant??

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Mine squeal like buggery too. I have slotted RDA rotors and ferodo pads. I think my pads are too higher temperature for the street.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
When I first fitted my RDA Slotted Rotors and EBC Green Stuff Pads mine squeeled very little during the first bedding thing, then bad squeeling for a little over a week before they stopped squeeling all together! Was weird lol

G

Unregistered
Mine only squeek when going backwards down the driveway and thats only for a brief moment, other than that they have not squeeked at all.

You guys sure you're bedding them in properly? Usually they need a good dose of heat to go through them, especially with uprated pads and rotors, before they'll begin to act properly.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yep, mine were done by my friend in Bega who's been doing it for a long time.

Top Bottom