Cabin Air Filter (Air Purifier Assembly)

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Does anyone know if the Legnum has a cabin air filter. As its coming into summer my wife refuses to go in the legnum as the air con isn't great. It seems that the air flow is abit lower than its should be (compared it to Bens super) and if a filter exists this maybe the cause. I have found on many web sites that the galant (US spec) has a filter and I have also found this attached picture in the manuals that I got off OZVR4, they all indicate a filter but bugger me if I can find it. I think it should be in the black box after the fan. Anyone know or am I just wasting my time.

Attachments

• CabinAirFilter.JPG
    CabinAirFilter.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 87
G

Unregistered
There is a bit that looks like a panel on the black box .If it does not have some screws to remove this panel then you probably don't have a pollen filter.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Matt I can't confirm these are used in VR4's - I just spent 10 mins looking through CAPS diagrams for the ventilation ducting, heater and cooling cores and none of them showed a filter. Not that means there ISN'T one - I just couldn't find it.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have our workshop manuals to refer to and all such questions will be resolved accurately within seconds :)

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
thanks guys, I started last night to pulll everthing apart but after about 25 minutes I decided its not a simple task, some of those bolts are in nasty locations and Aust top gear was on so I stopped (what a mistake that was)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Old thread but whatever, I finally decided to have a look at my AC filter system today, found this:
The light on it's little electrical 'Danger High Voltage' box doesn't turn on so I assume it doesnt work and hasn't for a very long time, looks nowhere near as dirty as I would expect it to be.
Maybe it does a Burn-Off periodically like a DPF in a diesel exhaust system :p
IMG_20170422_153748.jpg

Top Bottom