Can anyone help?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've found a set of wheels I've fallen in love with. The problem is that they seem to be USDM only, and noone is prepared to ship them. However, there are a few places in the US that do free US shipping, so I could get them shipped to a third party for free, who could then ship them to me.

I just have no idea who could do that and how much it'd cost. The rims are cheap at about $150US a rim, with our dollar being so strong I want to get them while I can...even if I have to sell a kidney lol

These are the rims, Enkei Evo 5's:

EVO%205%20hs1.jpg

If anyone can help, I'll be eternally in your debt!!!! :D

G

Unregistered
Hi Paul,

Ok a couple of alternate options for you. The Australian Enkei importer is YHI www.yhi.com.au see how much the wheels are here first (YHI often do not give you a price, unless you are from a wheel shop *cough cough*).

Next option I would contact sales@rmsmotorparts.com.au they purchase directly from Japan and bring parts into Australia.

At $150USD that is $170AUD per wheel, so you are looking at $680, before shipping has even been calculated. The problem with shipping is it is worked on volume for this type of thing. What I am saying is, I would try both options above first and see how you go, because shipping is not going to be cheap.

Other than that there are freight forwarding companies in the US who can do this for you (simple google search will bring a few up).

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Cheers mate. I just tried yhi and they don't even have the Evo 5's listed. I guess it must be a USDM thing, or Jap/US only. I'll email both.

Cheers again!
-Paul

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Just tried an online freight forwarding calculator. The estimate of shipping was around the $650US mark including customs fees and 1k insurance, even though the purchase is under $AU1000, I thought I'd see what the fee was anyway.

All up that's still under 2k for 5 rims...not too bad. I'll see what YHI replies with first though

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
http://www.shipping-worldwide.com/

Just click on freight calculator and sign up...it's free. I just used a hotmail address so they don't spam my normal one.

Edit: my bad, I clicked on "less than container" to take me to the calculator. But I think it's the same thing, I still had to sign up.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
That sounds like the EXACT thing I was looking for! I'll definitely be signing up there!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I checked their postage calculator - ~USD$140 for 10kgs to Australia, which is fairly reasonable.

Jarrad that link is GOLD son! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Certainly is!! I'm going to start putting my pennies aside and I'll buy these damn rims :D

What sort of stuff did your mate buy?

Edit: I signed up :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You have pennies?? Damn dude that's COOL! :cool:

My bro is going to a conference in the US in January, so gonna start putting a list together of stuff for him to fill his suitcase with while he's over there. ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
That's cool :D He wouldn't have room for 5 rims would he? lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nah we discussed it - it will probably be cheaper to get some from Japan. Only got a 30kg weight limit and rims don't weigh 5kg! Got some people I'm talking to that ship from Japan regularly, so see what they can do for me. If that falls through I'll use my shipping container contacts and fill a 20' with a couple of half-cuts and rims to the roof ;) If I go to that extent don't worry I'll let everyone on here know well beforehand!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Sweet! I can't find these rims anywhere but the US though. So looks like I'll have to go this route.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Given the ridiculous price of rims in Australia not only will you get what you want, but they'll probably still work out cheaper than a set of shit rims over here.

I'm confused though - Enkei are a Japanese company... Maybe you should try Dave from JapanPartsDirect?

Good luck Paul! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
It seems they're a USDM wheel. Noone else seems to offer them.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
err.. they all seems to have the same style, but what are the quality between brands like? is one lighter than the other?

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Certainly is!! I'm going to start putting my pennies aside and I'll buy these damn rims :D

What sort of stuff did your mate buy?

Edit: I signed up :D

my mate bought a whole heap of crap, then let it all collect at the place there then shipped it all over in one go. they are pretty good :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Awesome. Sounds champion. They're rates are pretty reasonable too!

Valmes: Cheers mate, I'll look into that too. I just love the polished lip look with hyper black in the middle...but if it works out too much then I have to suss out options.

Top Bottom