Caveman // Paul - Brisbane

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
Hey guys,

Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I've been lurking around this forum for a while now.
I'm looking to upgrade from my 4x4 to a family car, and I thought the Legnum's looked like a nice choice. Plenty of space with plenty of a go as well. :)

I've been looking around for a car, and finally took one out for a test drive last weekend.
This one: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/MITSUBISHI/LEGNUM/Queensland/csn1420983.aspx?State=QLD

I was quite impressed with the drive...very torquey, and the gearbox was very smooth, with responsive changes. I even managed to get the AYC to kick in around a corner.
I think the price is too much, so I'll keep looking elsewhere.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good call on passing in on that one mate, You could do allot better (condition, k's etc) importing one yourself, although, the price isn't too bad for one that is already landed.

Make sure to keep an eye on our importers sections, Both Ben and Kristian will be listing the cream of the crop here so you wont have far to look.

Good luck hunting! And keep us in the loop.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is Red with Leather, if you really want either of those options then it is probably a good car to consider.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome to the forums, join the search for a perfect ride :)

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
It is Red with Leather, if you really want either of those options then it is probably a good car to consider.

True...it was a nice car.
I'd like the leather, I'm not that bothered about the colour really....so long as it's not black.
It also had a turbo timer, alloy wheels (maybe 17s), some sort of TV head unit, that I couldn't get to open up properly (also had the bunny ear aerials on the back).
Had roof racks too, which is something I want.

The main problem was the high km's 97,000, means it'll be due for a big service straight away. The engine and gearbox oil looked like it needed changing, and the front rotors would probably need a machine too.

Just a lot of little things really.

I like the idea I've being able to see the car in the flesh, and test drive it before I buy it......that's the only problem with importing one myself.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
tell them to either drop the price by $1000, or tell them to change the whole lot for you, that way you are basically starting from scratch and you know that everything has been done!

G

Unregistered
Welcome Paul, I have not seen a lot of people being burnt by importing cars themselves, as long as you have a good import broker :D

The biggest problem is finding the car you want, then having to wait for it :p

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
I've been looking around in the import yards near me....there are quite a few, which is great.

The prices most yards are asking are ridiculous when you see how much an import actually costs....based on the experiences you guys have had.

I don't mind buying from a dealer, as you at least have someone to take the car back to if you find something wrong. (I've been burned buying a turbo car before)

I think I'm too impatient to find a car in Japan, wait for it to be shipped, then clear customs, then get complianced, then get delivered, then get roadworthied, then get registered.........

I just want a great Legnum now, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg......leather, sunroof, roof bars, and tiptronic please. ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome caveman!

just remember, yards have a few extra overheads than import brokers so you will pay for the convenience of having one straight away

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Welcome caveman,
Have you been to Motorman Springwood QLD, they have a few cars with leather interior and they even have stock they showed us down the back so they will have more available soon I imagine , most of them had leather if I remember correctly. They have a website www.motorman.com.au with 4 cars, the 2000 for $19000 was the one I wanted I liked it best but Pete prefered the one we ended up getting from Brisbane Unique Cars. I must say the service we have recieved from them has been exceptional even after we took the car nothing was any trouble.You can look at my husbands OZVR4s post under members rides. (Peter's D New ride)

Top Bottom