Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
Hello,

My original key with 2 buttons still works but is difficult to press. Therefore, I wanted to install a Central Lock module. So I have an extra remote control for the open and close. Now I wanted to ask if you can tell me how I connect the module.

Here is a picture

I would connect according to the instructions yellow and yellow-black to ground. Ground from the module to ground. Plus from the module to plus. White-Black to Central Lock Open
White to Central Lock closed

Where can I find the Central Lock open and close?

Thank you very much

1.jpg
2.jpg

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
Sorry not helping with your query above but why not just buy a replacement key and code that up, its pretty simple to do.

Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
I am from Germany so it is not so easy to get a new key.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Personally I'd go for a new key. Just need to get it cut, and then pairing is easy.

But to answer your question:
Inside fuse box, looking at the fusebox, left hand side there is two relays and a plug at the top.

This plug, pin 35 and pin 36 is lock/unlock trigger from the drivers door actuator.

Earth pin 35 (white/green) to unlock.
Earth pin 36 (brown/yellow) to lock.

If this doesn't work, there is another location you can try.

Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
really?
This is what I found. But there is still customs etc on top. And there the key costs more than such a module
Personally I'd go for a new key. Just need to get it cut, and then pairing is easy.

But to answer your question:
Inside fuse box, looking at the fusebox, left hand side there is two relays and a plug at the top.

This plug, pin 35 and pin 36 is lock/unlock trigger from the drivers door actuator.

Earth pin 35 (white/green) to unlock.
Earth pin 36 (brown/yellow) to lock.

If this doesn't work, there is another location you can try.
Thank you very much I will look at

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
When I installed the alarm in mine I found the wires from the door switch just inside where they come into the cabin, under the dash and just connected to them there as it was right near where most of the other connections needed to be made.
The little tactile switches often fail in remotes, they can generally be easily replaced and that may be all you need.

Otherwise can't you ask someone to get you a blank key overseas and send it to you, that way you'd avoid any import charges and it won't cost much in freight as it's so small. Maybe ask on Club VR-4 if you're a member there.
Don't any of your local locksmiths have them? Maybe not since you're in Germany.

Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
I looked and found the colors white-green and brown-yellow. But when I connect the module to it, nothing happens.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Sorry I can't remember whether your unit needs to ground those wires or to supply 12 volts to them. Check the wires with a multimeter whose other lead is connected to ground while activating the lock switch on the door, I'm almost sure they will read about 5 volts and go to zero when the appropriate end of the switch is pushed. Just configure the relays in your module to do what the meter shows.

Top Bottom