Check engine light under boost??

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
hey guys ive been getting a check engine light and tcl light come on then stay on, most the time it take a while for them to come on and they ones come on if i give it a little juice, i ran error codes a while back and a few come up but were all vacuum related? i have a turbosmart t style controller running about 10psi, any ideas anyone had this problem?

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
Yes the issue is due to the tcl system rather than anything else.
yer mate when it first started doing it i used to press the tcl button to turn off tracksion control then this would stop the check engine light coming on, but now i still do this trick and the light will come onafter a bit

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
Yes the issue is due to the tcl system rather than anything else.
these are the error codes im getting.
Engine
71 Vacuum Control Solenoid Valve System <T / C-A / T>
72 Ventilation Control Solenoid Valve System <T / C-A / T>

TCL
77 TCL vacuum system or ventilation solenoid

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
could be a faulty vacuum and ventilation solenoids? the onlys in the pics

2012-01-07_195917_capture1.jpg
vaccume soilid20.jpg

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
could be a faulty vacuum and ventilation solenoids? the ones in the pics? anyone got one of these on there parts car they want to sell me? also is there a way to test if there stuffed??
2012-01-07_195917_capture1.jpg
vaccume soilid20.jpg

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
k guy just to finish this off it was 100% my vacuum and ventilation solenoids i score a 2nd hand pair installed them today and problem fixed i can even turn my traction control on and off now, were before as soon as i turn it off it stayed off, anyways happy days

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
k guy just to finish this off it was 100% my vacuum and ventilation solenoids i score a 2nd hand pair installed them today and problem fixed i can even turn my traction control on and off now, were before as soon as i turn it off it stayed off, anyways happy days

glad to know that it's sorted. I wonder if the MAC solenoids can also work with these as replacement.

I know they are 3 port, but blocking off 1 side, should do the trick?!

Top Bottom