Kenny101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kenny
Drive
98 PFL Legnum
Hi all.

Does anyone know if you can use the tie down hooks directly
Behind the leggy rear seat to anchor down a baby seat? See attached example.

The anchor points on the roof just feels flimsy compared to the tie downs on the floor.

Attachments

• 1451799886651-946634474.jpg
    1451799886651-946634474.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 5

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Unsure about the legalities of using the tiedown points. However, if the roof child restraints are bolted tight, you should have no issue with them. I used them and they preformed faultlessly.

Kenny101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kenny
Drive
98 PFL Legnum
Thanks mate. Did your roof anchor points feel nice and secure? Ive got mine torqued down pretty tight but the entire fitment still feels abit sloppy. Im just not sure if these are suppose to feel this way?

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Is it a case of there being 1 too few washers/spacers for the bolt and the bolt is bottoming out before it clamps the plate?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
mine are very tight, been using them for years. the tie down ones look like they'd snap in an accident due to the angle of force applied to them

Kenny101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kenny
Drive
98 PFL Legnum
Good point mate. I'll try a spacer to see if this helps.

According to the owners manual, I should have 1 x 10mm spacer, which I believe I already do. Although I didn't measure the thickness, only assumed it was correct as it's a requirement for compliance.

Is it a case of there being 1 too few washers/spacers for the bolt and the bolt is bottoming out before it clamps the plate?

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Tell you what is good (As is with all Mitsubishi's) The Locking seat belt system they use. Makes the child seat fit much tighter than those locking straps....

Pull the belt out all the way and on return it starts clicking, you'll notice the belt will "only" retract at this point until the belt has fully returned.

Funny though when bigger people get in your car and activate it (Pulling too much belt out) they are held tight in the seat and cant move forward....lol

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
My baby seat anchors were added by the importer. Bolted into the rear hatch lip. Found out last week there's a factory location in the roof. :-(

Top Bottom