Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Link to original post by Want1too here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the Legnum has child restrant points in the floor or do they have them behind the rear seats. The Outlander has them on the back of the rear seats. Had to ask as it's a sticking point for my better half. She hasn't decided on a Legggie or a Galant all depends on how much space we can use for storage/shopping and all the trappings of familly life. I prefer the Leggie but se know's best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have 3 restraints attached to the roof behind the rear seats. They are out of the way and will be great when you have a kid in the back seat with a boot full of crap as it wont interfear with the belts.

G

Unregistered
VR-4's do not have child restaint points as standard, these are added as part of Australian compliance. As a bare minimum 2 points have to be added and I would say the majority of evidence packs that are being used to comply these cars will have 3 points. ALL imported cars with rear seats have to have child safety seat anchor points added as part of compliance.

G

Unregistered
I would say that they have to be way at the back and in the roof because the floor of the boot is all lose, and because of car with Massively big sunroofs. Has anyone who doesn't have a sunroof complied theirs yet? if so where are the points

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
I would say that they have to be way at the back and in the roof because the floor of the boot is all lose, and because of car with Massively big sunroofs. Has anyone who doesn't have a sunroof complied theirs yet? if so where are the points

You're right JMO, the Legnum VR4 I test drove on the weekend had them about 2/3 of the way along the roof of the rear section behind the back seats. The car didn't have a sunroof, and there were 3 of them.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

Anybody have an idea where you can get some nice covers for the bolts? The crappy plastic ones are fitted in mine, and they wont stay closed over the bolts.
The other option is to get some plugs, and remove the bolts from the car. (My car seat days are gone)

Regards
Gavin

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Mine dont stay closed either. Perhaps a bit of double sided tape undeneath them? or a bih piece of blu-tack?

G

Unregistered
mine stay closed :D
mine are quite slim too, i saw another leggy with the larger ones that keep popping open.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
if these things are new why dont they close ? mine dont either

maybe they arent adjusted correctly might take a look tonight and see if you can move the plastic under the bolt to close them.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
get some baby seats and you wont have to worry :p

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Mine don't shut :p

(Couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon - hehe)

You MAY be bale to loosen the bolt and shift the plastic back a few millimeters?

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey,

Done the car seat thing, have no intention of having to go back to having them again. (Not having some screaming kid throwing up on the leather either).

I am actually considering pulling them out, and getting some plugs for the holes.

Regards
Gavin

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Kids throw up Gavin?!?!?! Why didn't any one tell me this shit before we had one!!

I'm thinking about just taking the plastic covers off, unless the compliance place massacred the head liner to get the bolts in?

G

Unregistered
The brackets usually sit up too high at the front, tilting them up, which stops them clipping up. If you pull them down at the front, they staw clipped up better. Watch the hood lining though, dont pull them too far!
If you dont need them, you could try to get a hood lining from a car before it has been complied, so there is no holes.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
My child restraint covers stay open as well.

It may be because the baby seats are attached to them . hehehe

I just cannot wait for the looks from the cars I beat when they notice the carseats in the back.

mike

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I had a tinker with mine tonight and they managed to stay shut, we'll see in the mornign or after a drive though.

Top Bottom