clicking noise from climate control

G

Unregistered
Well it's friday night and i am at work, this forum has helped me with my problems after purcahsing a leggie 2 weeks ago. Going to fix the dodgy clock very soon. Another annoying problem i have is my climate control ticks for about 30seconds after i turn the car on. Even if the air con isn't on. If i doesn't click on startup it will do it while i am driving. Still even if air con is turned off... Any suggestions??? It is defiently coming from the air con area

Hayden

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
apparently its a little plastic box with gears that controlls the fans or fan speed. PeteD and mills88 or buckus (i think) had this problem

G

Unregistered
do u have to pull the dash apart or just the glove box???

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
It will be the solenoid that opens the heater flap and lets the hot air in. They get stripped gears in there. I have the same problem at the moment. You can see the box if you look from the passenger footwell up into behind the centre console behind where your headunit sits. You will see a black box which has a rod which goes to a white box.

It is this black box which has the stripped gears. I cant get my hand or a screwdriver in there to get it out. Still thinking on how i am going to do it. Just take the plug off the top of black box. That is the power and control loom to it. It will stop if from clicking until you get it out and get a new one to put in there.

CHRIS

G

Unregistered
So does it on need to be connected if i want to use the heater???? Can it just stay unplugged??? Will the air con still work, not that i use it very often??

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
If you unplug it, the heater wont work but the aircon will. It did in my car. The heater should not be working too well now anyways that it is ticking. The ticking means that it is jammed as it has stripped a gear tooth or two.

G

Unregistered
Well i took the side panel off closest to centre console and was able to pull plug out. No more ticking and air con works fine :)

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Yep same as my car then. I just cant get my fat bloody fingers in to get at the screws to get the solenoid out. It is getting damn cold down here haha. Better get onto that soon.

Top Bottom