frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
just an update - it does it on both sides... the front right ticks when im turning left, the front left ticks when im turning right. The front right ticks occasionally in straight lines, and is louder than the front left ticking. It ticks MORE if i brake. If its NOT ticking, i can make it tick by braking..

Sounding more and more like it could be something like mentioned above about the pads and rotors...

extra info, my front left tire has about 80% tread, the rest all have about 40-50%... could it be something to do with the ABS? as isnt that applying the lightest brake pressure even without using the pedal or something?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If the brake pedal is smooth and consistant and the light doesn't come on then it is unlikely to be anything to do with ABS. To give you an idea of how sensitive it is, I was doing some 'tractoring' in the ST-R on the weekend in the mud, the ABS light came on after about two slides.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
oh ok. well its getting louder :S im worried somethings going to break lol :D my pocket cant afford a workshop right now either hehehe

Silver Bullet

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Michael
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I had a similar experience and took my car to Pedders who tested it for all sorts of things. It turned out to be tyres! Replaced them and the ticking went. Perhaps with your tread being a little low on some of the tyres and perhaps some internal damage that cant be seen it may be worth investigating.

G

Unregistered
Hi did you have any joy in finding the clicking noise I have some thing similar?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
nope - it seems to have died down a bit - either its gone or its alot less noticable... ill keep an ear out for it tomorrow ..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh.. could it be your tires.. I think I read somewhere that tires can do such clicking noise.. I think I read it here..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
possibly. Yokohama advan sports.. think they have some special compound in em i dunno... gonna be getting another set soon i think. they are like half a millimeter off the indicator..

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Mine also makes a similar noise, I noticed the noise when I picked up my car from Kamikazi workshop. The noise wasn't there when I dropped the car off.
They changed my rotors (standard) but put my old pads on:001_mad: Anyway as I was driving home I noticed a clicking noise coming from the rear left and when I made a sharp right turn the rotor rubbed the backing plate:001_mad: but I still don't know what the clicking sound is?
It comes and goes sometimes and I assume it has something to do with the brakes.

Top Bottom