Climate control clicking- not like the others

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
So mine is related to the climate temp only- not the zone selector.
This is with the aircon OFF.

Additionally mine is not at a set temp, although the video i show will be at 28.5 it can occur anywhere in the temp scale from 17-32.
It seems that i must have the climate set within 4 degrees of OAT outside air temp, otherwise the clicking will occur.

Having said that, an exception is when i have the aircon ON, but then turn it off, it'll start clicking :banghead:

The door to open and close the hot air vent will open and close properly but it just seems to have ago issue +/- ~4degrees from OAT- its really farking annoying

Yes the hose to the temp sensor is connected, i checked it on the weekend.

Here's the video
Legnum climate control issue

Happy for suggestions.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
That sucks. I reckon others have this though. Heaps I've tuned do that, I don't think any have bothered to fix though. You have tried different zone selection haven't you?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes Steve, zone selector has no effect

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
still sucks then, but yes like a lot of other cars I ve seen on a dyno. that helps you not one bit hey....

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Our heater cores always have coolant running through them (ie no heater tap)

the way the airbox works is there is flap (which i'm pretty sure is seperate to the zone flap) that can direct air through the heater core, or bypass it. Sounds like the teeth for that flap are skipping at the servo?

I'll see if i can dig up a diagram of the airbox.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Id agree with you Bill but with the passenger side centre console covering off, i can see the motor and arm drive the flap open and closed. It does't have any issue with this. It seems to have an issue when the ambient temp exceeds the selected climate temp by about 4 degrees.
That said today with the ambient reading 30 and selected on 19 it didn't do it?? Fark nose what's going on with it.

You are correct there is a motor and drive for the flap- i've seen it twice replacing heater cores and I've checked it's operation both times when i've had the zircon evaporator out.
Yes the arm does "click" like teeth are missing but it will still drive the arm no issue. It seems to me like a position or software error, where the arm is seemingly not in the position desired by the temp selector. It then drive the motor/arm to the position but then runs out of physical movement and them clicks.

Its a strange one.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
What about the return air/outdoor air selection flap

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Mine manifested itself after a period of the climate control not controlling temperature, coming in winter where temp required some heat. Flap was fully closed and wouldn't open which is strange because it worked fine when I replaced the heater core a few months ago.

It wouldn't even click, so I selected full hot and then reached under and assisted the arm off its full closed position which did require a bit of force but she then moved to full hot or open position. It didn't jump teeth when I did this.

That also doesn't explain why it'll click at any temp not just full cold

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
A little off topic but with the climate control what do the gear symbol and eco symbol mean?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I think you're referring to air con and eco mode for air con which cycles the air con on/off economically.

BTW that should be a snow flake not a gear symbol.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Did we reach a conclusion on this? I have the same problem. Its so freaking annoying

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
In the same boat here as well. Would love to know how to fix this.

Top Bottom