closeup photos of the finer details

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Since im sitting here still waiting for my VR4 (and having looked at my photos of it a million times) I was wondering if people could post up (or even go and take) photos of the finer details of their VR4.

I am not looking for anything in particular, just some things like:

• Closeup of the gearshift selector
  • Closeups of the various dash controls
  • Centre console and cup holders
  • The interior roof (moonroof controls, passenger lights?)
  • Glovebox (any nifty features to this?)
  • Rear Seats folded in legnum
  • Power window controls and doors
  • Key with 2 button remote
  • Boot storage compartments in legnums
  • Interior side of rear legnum tailgate
  • Standard brake calipers/discs with wheel off
  • Fuel filler (does the fuel cap have a little attachment so you dont have to put the cap on the ground?)
  • Video of the climate control in action (does the climate control tell you what the inside and outside temperature is?)
I think thats all I need - dont ask for much do I! It might sound like and odd request, but after looking at thousands of VR4 photos, im keen to see stuff I havent seen before.

Ive sat in 3 vr4s before - but as each visit has been breif its hard to saok it all up.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'm not taking any pics for you at 6am, but I will tell you that the glovebox is completely boring, the rear seats fold almost flat, the sunroof model has a switch that can slide to the front or to the back to open it up, and also push in to just open up the back of the sunroof. There are 2 map lights for the front people as well as a door open light. There are two rear map lights, and another light at the back of the boot.

The fuel filler has space for the cap to sit in it, and yes the climate control has outside temperature, but not unside temp.

The boot has a storage compartment on the left hand side only, the door on the right is to access the AYC. It has a small tray on either side of the main boot floor, and if you lift up the main part of the boot floor there is a plastic tray there with quite a bit of storage.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
anyone? anyone? bueller? anyone?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
hmm not much i can offer but heres a photo of the centre console, with climate control errr.. controls on top, storage compartment, cigarette lighter and ash tray :p

IMG_9143.jpg

Ill try and get some more tomorrow

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
The climate control looks to be the same as the Aus Magnas (verada maybe ?) of the same year. Can anyone confirm if it is the same ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yeah it is the same basic system, mitsi reused it on many cars in the 90's

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Looks like the plastic fades / discolours quite badly... maybe it could do with a bit of paint to liven it up? ;)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
  • The interior roof (moonroof controls, passenger lights?)
  • Fuel filler
  • Video of the climate control in action (does the climate control tell you what the inside and outside temperature is?)

At the press of a button, the climate control tells you the outside temp. Inside temp is only shown as the temp you dial in..

Pic attached of moonroof controls and fuel filler.

Attachments

• P1010155.jpg
    P1010155.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 87
  • P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 98

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
The climate control looks to be the same as the Aus Magnas (verada maybe ?) of the same year. Can anyone confirm if it is the same ?

Yes also they use the same climate controls in the Mitsi challengers...

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
This will sound weird but I really like BMW's switches. I think they're quite distinctive.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
cmon people back on topic, show me the photos!

Surely someone has taken photos of all this stuff before? Ill be taking photos of every last inch of mien when I get it.

G

Unregistered
Ok, any excuse for me to go out and sit in the car a while!

Recaro Seats:

DSC03435.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

Glove box:

DSC03439.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

Foglight and mirror switches:

DSC03441.jpg

Climate control and Radio screens on MMCS:

DSC03442.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

Centre console:

DSC03444.jpg

DSC03445.jpg

Momo wheel:

DSC03446.jpg

Drivers door window switches:

DSC03447.jpg

Rear door trim:

DSC03450.jpg

G

Unregistered
Tailgate open, seats down:

DSC03454.jpg

Storage on left side for CD stacker and Navi unit:

DSC03456.jpg

Storage on right side:

DSC03457.jpg

Storage under floor:

DSC03459.jpg

And under that..:

DSC03460.jpg

Seats back up, cargo blind in:

DSC03461.jpg

G

Unregistered
I actually got the CD off a forum member from Western Australia - Paul aka Takumi who was kind enough to burn and send it to me. It converts everything and makes the MMCS very easy to use but unfortunately keeps resetting itself and throwing up an error message. I'll ask around at the next meet to see if anyone else is having this prob.

Top Bottom