UK ClubVR4 is currently down

G

Unregistered
Apologies for using this forum, but it might help spread the word!:eek::eek:

We've had a glitch over at CVR4 that has bought the site down. We've worked out what the problem is (a missing database table) but we can't establish WHY this has happened.:(:rolleyes:

Anyway, we're working on it but it looks like we'll need to restore the table from an offline backup file, so it could be offline for a while at the moment.

I'll advise when the situation is resolved.

G

Unregistered
Does this make us refugees rather than visitors now then?:cool:

G

Unregistered
Nah, still broke. Nothing more I can do. I know what the problem is but I don't have access to a backup so I'm waiting on either the hosting company to sort us out or for Kenneth to come online.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Hmmm, i have Kenneth's mobile number....in a PM on cvr4.

Can't help there sorry!

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
there must be loads of uk members doing things they never do normally, like talking to the wife. or watching big brother, any ways the Ozzie girl just got voted off

G

Unregistered
And I hoped to see how the Miller/Pitslayer saga was progressing, not

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, I guess it brings up a good point about having clubvr4 and ozvr4 separate :)

G

Unregistered
Okay, I've managed to regain access to the forum engine and I've got a placeholder in so that people have some idea what's going on.

The solution is really simple - We just need to restore an SQL table from one of our backups. Problem is, the FTP server keeps rejecting Ken and my attempts to log on - So we're kinda stuck.. I don't really fancy re-creating 5000+ user accounts manually on the back end!

Still no nearer WHY this happened either. One moment this table was there, next moment, pop!

As for the Miller/Pitslayer thing.... Don't get me started!!

G

Unregistered
Okay, I think we could be offline for a few days.... Not because the problem's that big, we just can't log on to the backup server. This wouldn't normally be a problem however the server is at Wayne's house, and he's still on honeymoon! (argh, talk about sod's law!!).

Fortunately, Pete is apparently back in the next 48 hours - He might have better luck than either me or Ken. Fingers crossed people! :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
K I'd be looking at a HDD write error, possibly caused by a faulty HDD, controller, cable or even RAM. If its hardware related it should be relatively simple to track down in Event Manager though.

Good luck getting in to the system - you know if the site isn't actually that big, maybe you should have an automated backup to a remote location? You know, just in case something like this ever happens again?

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
wheres Barry when you need him. good luck guys hope we get back soon

Top Bottom