COIL ON PLUG setup for the VR4

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Well in that case youd best leave them in.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
so today, i got off my lazy ass did a bit of work..

decided to make an effort on the rear bank's COP plate... couple of pics as shown below..

12c17e71.jpg

754e7a68.jpg

as you can see there's 1 bolt holding down the plate.. in order for me to do this, I had to (obviously) drill a hole, replace the rocker cover bolt with a longer set, use washers (5mm thick all up) so that it pushes down on the rocker cover bolt gasket as you tighten it..

also i cut up 10mm tubes and added them so that the ignition coils sit a little bit higher and not foul on the rocker cover itself.. Im yet to weld it too..

also to those who bought COP setup from me.. please head on over to the COP GB..

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
gday new to oz vr4 have a fto with a legnum engine that i just had tuned by steve hunt from transformance engineering thanks steve awsome job .any way to cut a long story short he sent me here to get a coil on plug set up for the legnum twin turbo v6 and talk to naughtika about this so im here to introduce my self names shane rost talk to steve about me check my profile as i would like to get hold of him about this maby send me a privet message thanks

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
gday new to oz vr4 have a fto with a legnum engine that i just had tuned by steve hunt from transformance engineering thanks steve awsome job .any way to cut a long story short he sent me here to get a coil on plug set up for the legnum twin turbo v6 and talk to naughtika about this so im here to introduce my self names shane rost talk to steve about me check my profile as i would like to get hold of him about this maby send me a privet message thanks

HHMM are you in QLD?

if you are.. Steve's got some ekshpleyneeng to do..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Lols
What's makes you think he's in QLD, surely Steve wouldn't cheat on us like this lol

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
hi guys am in north qld and sory to dob on steve he s awsome tunner did it over net but im after this coil set up was told to talk to you guys

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
:lol: I worry about you guys sometimes!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hi guys am in north qld and sory to dob on steve he s awsome tunner did it over net but im after this coil set up was told to talk to you guys

oh.. so he drove all the way to North QLD and totally skipped South East... I worry about him sometimes.. lol

:lol: I worry about you guys sometimes!

and thanks for worrying about us :p

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
no mate he did not drive to nth qld and skip you he tuned my car over net with ecu flash and evo scan and a lot of datta logs got sent to him and was done that way but eventualy when he does come up here we will do it with wide band am very interested in these coil packs can you help me out with this or am i barkin up the wrong tree sory for any confushion

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Hey Shane, nothing to worry about things, we were just mucking around.. Steve's good guy and would not stuff any one around

About the coil on plug, yes it can be done.. And i do these kits..

If you are definite.. Pm me..

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey Shane, nothing to worry about things, we were just mucking around.. Steve's good guy and would not stuff any one around

you might have been......but we know he's a tuning sl*t:LOL:

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
I managed to find a set of ve commo v6 coils really cheap would these work instead of the coils you are offering?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I managed to find a set of ve commo v6 coils really cheap would these work instead of the coils you are offering?

possibly, how are you gonna mount it?

also aren't there like 3 coils as well? so each coil is also twin firing? kind of beats the purpose of having individual coils

*edit* sorry I was meant to reply with quote' on your post rather than *edit* my apologies

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
oo yeah steve, but a good one. at least your clean.

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
possibly, how are you gonna mount it?

also aren't there like 3 coils as well? so each coil is also twin firing? kind of beats the purpose of having individual coils

*edit* sorry I was meant to reply with quote' on your post rather than *edit* my apologies

no the ve commo uses a cop setup and they are four pin plugs and are the same length as the toyota ones that is supplied in your kit. mounting i am unsure of at this point in time more concerned to see if they will work

Top Bottom