Coilovers - who, what, where, and how much?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
duno if anyone here is interested, but im getting my ISC coilovers for my vr4 in 2 weeks. ill do a write up and review. reason i went ISC's is coz i already have them on my silvia with no drama's for many years now, $1500 brand new with 1 year warrantee and exact specs i want, dont have to wait for stock to clear. getting spring rates 10/6.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
10/6 will be excessive.

My teins are 8/5 and offer a very comfy ride.

Maybe a 9/6 would be better, how much choice of rates does Ryan give you?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
well the recommeded spring rates are 12/8.. and s13 recommended spring rates are 10/8. i went down to 8/6 with the s13 (which is is perfectly comfortable, yet firm), and using that logic, a 10/6 should have the same affect. seeing the front of a vr4 is heavier with a larger engine.

i duno if ryan offers spring rates in 9/7/5.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Are you logged in? It says $1900 delivered for me...

the basic flex wagon is pretty good, the super flex wagon is the top of the line kit.

They will def bolt straight on.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I stand corrected....

DSR42-91SS3 Mitsubishi - Legnum - EA1W/EA3W/EA5W/EC1W/EC3W/EC4W/EC5W - F:5 R:3 (kg/mm) Part: AU $ 1,347.07 Deliv: AU $ 1,999.40

However; still a good price IMO. Then again; how much is involved to install coilovers... I think I would be calling favors and buying a carton for help on this one.

Also; F:5 R:3 (kg/mm) Doesn't that seem a little off to what most ppl get on here?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah with that spring rate, they will feel like stock suspension.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
SuperWagons do not feel like stock suspension. I have them and they are noticeably better at controlling wallow.

They're not super firm, no. But they are a good compromise if you want tidy handling on your daily driver.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
SuperWagons do not feel like stock suspension. I have them and they are noticeably better at controlling wallow.

They're not super firm, no. But they are a good compromise if you want tidy handling on your daily driver.
what spring rates are urs?

VR4TT

Crunching Gears
First Name
brett
Drive
1999 vr4,cordia turbo,Evo 8,Nissan Autech Elgrand
Hey guys just thought id let you know there are alot of cheap coil overs out there, they are not fully dampner or height adustable and they cant be rebuilt later on if need be so make sure you ask the question.

there is a jap import place in sydney on ebay and they have brand new sets.

a friend of mine bought a set of G4's for a is250 lexus and they were so
loud and clunky so just make sure you do your homework

sometimes you pay for what you get.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i wouldnt bother with G4's in the first place, let alone 2nd hand coilovers.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
2 days to go.. however wont be able to fit them till sat morning.

G

Unregistered

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
steveP, pics of the coily's!!!!!! are they pretty in their boxes ? :)

G

Unregistered
Just to add a little to this thread...

Im riding on Cusco zero wagons 8kg/5kg.. the ride comfort basically hasnt changed however the stabililty through corners has definitely increased and limitedthe body roll. They are a bit bouncy at times which is ok, but i think a spring rate of 10/8 or even 12/8 would be fine...

10kg/6kg i dont think woudl be excessive at all... the 10/8 would be prime for road/ hill runs and even the 12/8 with correct damper adjustment would defs be stiff, but probably a max for the road...

I think my next set will be ISC's not only for price but for the rep they are slowly building as a good quality coil. the guys that are running them are either 10/8 or ken nz is 12/8 I think and says they're fine...

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Yeah, 12/8 is fine for me, even Joanne tolerates it with the damper rate set low.

Just to add a little to this thread...

Im riding on Cusco zero wagons 8kg/5kg.. the ride comfort basically hasnt changed however the stabililty through corners has definitely increased and limitedthe body roll. They are a bit bouncy at times which is ok, but i think a spring rate of 10/8 or even 12/8 would be fine...

10kg/6kg i dont think woudl be excessive at all... the 10/8 would be prime for road/ hill runs and even the 12/8 with correct damper adjustment would defs be stiff, but probably a max for the road...

I think my next set will be ISC's not only for price but for the rep they are slowly building as a good quality coil. the guys that are running them are either 10/8 or ken nz is 12/8 I think and says they're fine...

Top Bottom