Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Just wondering if anyone has had or is having their VR4's complied at Shogun in Queensland?

If so, did they do a good job? Did they go over the regular $3000 price, and if so what were the reasons? And how long did they take?

Mine was delivered to Shogun on friday so lets hope everything goes smoothly!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'll be heading down there in a week or so to check out my car when it arrives.

If anyone wants me to photograph/video/molest their cars, give me a shout :D

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
mines there as we speak... few issues from a now ex-employee, but they seem good otherwise

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Yep, mines still there too.

Its only been about 7 weeks at the place....

:mad:

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Oh crap - that puts a downer on my expectations - I was hoping 3 weeks tops.

:(

Lee

yeh likewise, i was hoping to be driving it in 5 weeks.
Why has it taken 7 weeks?

G

Unregistered
I don't mean to be cruel but Automotive Imports in Queensland had my car for 5 days ... maybe the other importers should use them ... seems to be a few issues at the other workshops.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Due to the fact that they stuffed up the amount of compliance plates issued.

They told me they had run out.

River City Compliance was the original company to do it.

Shogun is another name they trade under and they had to get it done through that name.

They told me they had many cars to sort out....

But hopefully this week we should hear something, as my VIN now resolves in the RAWS Database.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Due to the fact that they stuffed up the amount of compliance plates issued.

They told me they had run out.

River City Compliance was the original company to do it.

Shogun is another name they trade under and they had to get it done through that name.

They told me they had many cars to sort out....

But hopefully this week we should hear something, as my VIN now resolves in the RAWS Database.

Mine's not in there, or I'm doing something wrong... But my car was complied about a month ago and is ready to go but we're still waiting on plates....

Grrr and stuff....

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Mine has been at River City for a couple weeks now.. I was expecting it sometime next week.

I really hope it's not another month! :mad:

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
We had ours done there but it was pushed through by the dealership. Completed in 7 days. Seems like they did a good job, the only stuff up is the car is a 1996 and it's been compiled as a 1998. When the rego papers turned up and they show it as 1997. Go figure!!!!

G

Unregistered
Mine only took 2 weeks at River city, and that was only because they where out of plates, it's not really their fault if they don't get issued enough plates, maybe the brokers out there should keep an eye out for who has plates and who doesn't?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Options for who has plates are very limited currently - the advantage of using Shogun is that, being in Qld, cars can be complied there and transported interstate free of charge if I used Kiwi Car Carriers to ship the cars. They have plenty of plates, but with so many cars coming in so fast, it's very hard for them to keep track of who applies for which cars under which company, if that makes sense.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
as has been said, shogun=river city, which is where mine as complied, they seemed to do a good job, Danielle was always very helpful with any questions or queries i had (although i beleive she has now left???), it was just the plates that took a while to come through.

Also, they had so many cars that they had to put them in order of when they arrived for when they got complied, which only seemed to take a week or so to do

As i understand it, each company gets 130 plates allocated in the 1st 12 months, so they should have 260 available??

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
I was in the same situation where my car was complied in about two weeks and has been sitting there the rest of the time waiting for the paper work to be sorted out because they ran out of plates. Today I have paided the invoice and it should be on the way.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Far out, I'd give my kidney to have only waited 7 weeks. I still don't have mine and it's been in the workshop since around Nov last year

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I to am waiting on plates which have been slated to arrive some time this week. Fingers crossed, next week a few of us will have shiny new toys to play with.

G

Unregistered
Why do the workshops need to keep your cars?

I've been speaking to my compliance workshop in Melbourne and they said they only want the car for one or two days to do the work, then I can pick it up and keep it until the plate arrives! At least I'll be able to sit in it and wash it!!! :)

G

Unregistered
because it's quite a few thousand kilometres for me to pickup my car and return it for the plate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom