Compliance Options

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

I've got a few options for importing my VR4 when the time comes, but was just wondering if I could draw on previous experience or grab any frugal tips for the compliance process.

Option 1:

"Compliance in Adelaide with Premium Motor Company. They are charging $3,300 plus tyres, they can also assist with standard parts for registration..."

Option 2:

"Compliance in Brisbane with Shogun. They are charging $2,500 plus tyres, they will put standard parts on the car temporarily for compliance but it will have your gear on it again when you get the car so Regency may not like the wheels and exhaust on it when you go to register the car. Although we will be shipping the car via Brisbane either way, if complied in Brisbane there will be about $300 extra in transportation to and from the compliance workshop itself."

Note: I am in SA :)

Edit by van: stripped size formatting

G

Unregistered
I'm not going to answer ur questions because u have a Liverpool avatar !
LOL

G

Unregistered
I suggest u wait and see if ur car is modified or not ... having the car in ur state is good as u can check on it as it arrives and make sure nothing is taken ...
But saving dollars is also good news ...

Its a dam shame u picked the best car but the worst team ... hahahaha

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea I'm finding out the hard way that '$500 shipping' is more like 'not much change out of $1000 shipping' :mad:

Besides Shogun are so overworked it wouldn't surprise me if cars are taking longer through them. Don't get me wrong, Shogun did all the right things by me and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. But if I could have done compliance locally I would have. Missed out by two weeks though - such is life :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
I'm leaning towards going local I reckon. Just worried coz the guys at Regency Park are rumoured to be ruthless.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
if your worried about wheels, by the time you get your car in adelaide, I should have a spare set of wheels/tyres that could be used to get your through regency.

The compliance place in Adelaide wanted $100 to rent out their standard wheels for the day, so even though they say they will help out, doesnt mean they wont charge even more for it.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Go Premium Motor company. My car was the test car there and whilst it did take a long time (that has nothing to do with them though...not their fault and a test car deal is different to ordinary compliance) they were very good to deal with and did a fantastic job. About charging for the wheels, well I think that's reasonable in principle...but I wouldn't charge $100...maybe $20.

To give you an idea, transport for my car from Adelaide to Sydney was about $700...so I'd be very intereted about the $300 quote...that's pretty unrealistic.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I have to agree, and say go premium motor company. i got my car done through them, it only took 4 weeks to get complied.
They even took the car to regency for me so all i had to do was go and register it :D

Top Bottom