Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
^^ agreed Paul.

Gotta love the comment...

Yes, US products all the way.

What a typical narrow minded yank, I guess he 'thinks' his Talon is an American car, even though it is fundamentally a Japanese Mitsubishi Eclipse being assembled in their massively ignorant country with nearly all of the exact same parts used in Japan. U.S.A all the way... ROFLMAOBBQ.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
so you'll dont think these OEM parts are not safe?
They are not OEM, They are (from what I've read, correct me if I am wrong) the world suspension products which AFAIK Are chinese.
I dont wanna sound rude here, but why are people taking the chance? Why not just spend the extra little bit, buy OEM, and have piece of mind with a quality part?
Contact tiv and he'll put you onto the guy he got his LCA's off at a very decent price.
Hope i didnt come across rude there, I may of been a bit antsy in my last few posts so I hope you can forgive me :p

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
If you can, drop the car down before doing up the control arms at the subframe. This will prevent the rubber bushes being put under strain when the car is at rest.

This should be done for EVERY rubber bush in any suspension arm you change. If you don't do this, you can expect a LOT of squeaking. Its quite easy to do with out dropping the car down too. Simply jack the suspension up using the underside of the LCA ball joint (or somewhere similar) until the car lifts off the axle stand on that side. When this happens the suspension should be under full load (or at least far closer than it is at full droop), and you can then do up the bush bolts to the specified torque.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
19mm Combination Spanner
17mm Combination Spanner
17mm Socket and breaker
Ball joint separator
The scissor jack from the boot of the car

Jack up both front wheels (both off the ground means you don't have to fight the anti-roll bar)
Loosen the control arm at the subframe, then at the shock attachment point. You will need the 17mm socket plus the 17mm combination spanner to stop it spinning. Get the control arm free of all but the ball joint, this allows you to rotate it out of the way. ( I am assuming you have checked the ball joints, they need changing and therefore you don't want to keep the old ones...)

You should now have easy access to the lower control arm ball joint nut. Remove it with the 19mm Combination spanner and then use the ball joint separator to remove the control arm completely.

Use the scissor jack to push the new ball joint taper in so that the ball joint doesn't spin when you are doing it up. Then re-assemble the rest. Easy.

If you can, drop the car down before doing up the control arms at the subframe. This will prevent the rubber bushes being put under strain when the car is at rest.

I've heard that it is difficult if not impossible to torque the bolts properly without removing the axle first? Is this true?

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
They are not OEM, They are (from what I've read, correct me if I am wrong) the world suspension products which AFAIK Are chinese.
I dont wanna sound rude here, but why are people taking the chance? Why not just spend the extra little bit, buy OEM, and have piece of mind with a quality part?
Contact tiv and he'll put you onto the guy he got his LCA's off at a very decent price.
Hope i didnt come across rude there, I may of been a bit antsy in my last few posts so I hope you can forgive me :p

No Paul I totally agree with you and I too am pretty sure they come from China in order to be sold at that cheap price..my car is my daily drive and my friends and family are in it all the time so I have decided against the world suspension parts and ordered original mitsi parts from Bill. Although there is a significant price difference its not worth taking the risk..

Any idea where tiv got his parts from? are they original?

If you're reading this tiv, any help would be great!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Well the LCA are 250NZ ish, the C-shaped control arms 490NZ ish and the upper control arms are 520NZ ish ...postage is around 150NZ for these...So far I have only bought the LCA'a from Bill then I decided to get the others as well but he is sold out i.e. have to wait 2-3weeks for it to come from japan..

tiv

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
XF Falcon
hehe sorry I did go genuine so i may have got the last set. my bad

Top Bottom