Converting from RHD to LHD

KingHoodoo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Yves Kyle
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Good day Everyone!

I'm already in the process of acquiring a vr4 of my own but I know it is naturally RHD and possibly in the near future to have it converted into LHD since I have plans to ship it back to my home country which forbids the importation of RHD cars.

Is there anyone who have been successful in this task?

What are the necessary parts and accessories i should need to collect before I start?

KingHoodoo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Yves Kyle
Drive
Will be a huge job. Modifying all the wiring.
Indeed it is, I have been researching last night and I found one guy used the chassis of a supersaloon and slapped a TT on it and ordered all the necessary wirings and dash accessories from japan.

I dont know the rest since that guy is a celeb in my country

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
A lot of people create vr2's, which is a fwd version due to the chassis being different. Hope over to clubvr4 as there are a lot more european members over there, and I think there is info on this.

parm

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
OK
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4 Type-S
To what country you want to import it?

RHD cars are legal to drive and register in EU, older than 01.1998 dont need even EU certification (200eur state fee + 840eur for certificate).

I imported 2001 Galant VR-4 from UK and its completely legal to drive now, has Estonian plates and insurance.

KingHoodoo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Yves Kyle
Drive
Yeah, I live in Finland and I've driven lots of RHD cars, but my home country is Philippines and its against the law to ship RHD cars there, I'm searching of ways how to make a VR4 there and I have 2 options on the table at the moment

1. Strip the car to bare bones left, stuff them in a 20" container and label them as suprlus before shipping and when it arrives there, I will assemble it back, cut the firewall and replace it with a ES galant LHD firewall and hope that it will work and not ruin steering parts.

2. Ship the engine, tranny, suspension, subframes, harnesses and necessary stuff to make the engine work and also send the seats, bumpers and stuff and put them all in a Galant Grand Saloon. This option was given to me by an article of the local topgear mag about a converted VR4

https://www.topgear.com.ph/features...nt-project-car-a2619-20190105?ref=article_tag

Im really calculating the costs all together.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
i really think its going to be more hassle and work then its really worth

KingHoodoo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Yves Kyle
Drive
This is usually what happens with a vr2, they usually run fwd rather than 4wd.
Would the 6a13tt engine fits the engine bay? Do I need to tweak mounting points to accomodate the lhd steering box?

Top Bottom