Cosmetic Differences between Series 1 and 2 Legnum VR4s

G

Unregistered
This information was provided by Bogan Bob.

----------------

Just thought id put up a few pics comparing prefacelift models and facelift models. Anyone can feel free to add any info on mechanical differences bewteen the two. Pre Fl is on the left side, FL on the right

FRONT

front1.jpg
front2.jpg

REAR

rear1.jpg
back2.jpg

SIDE

side1.jpg
side2.jpg

COCKPIT

interior1.jpg
interior2.jpg

Cockpit photos arent very good, both have non standard wheels and the TV sceen obscures the climate contrl on the FL photo, but there is not much differnece there anyways (and i cant be assed searching around anymore :| ). Also ignore the difference between leather and non leather interior :p

Personally i think the pre FL front is better, less obstruction for a front mount, but the FL rear looks better, more modern.

So, what do you guys think?

BB

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
i never knew about the bulgier bonnet!

With the rear tailgte, its not possible to fit a facelift hatch (the entire tailgate) onto a prefacelift is it? It looks as though the shell is shaped differently around the lights.

G

Unregistered
The series two rear does look really nice, i have heard of people in NZ and UK
doing Front conversion's but never rear hatch, there are a few on Yahoo Japan for sale

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you look closely at the first pics of the nose you can see it.

The facelift hatch is quite different, the lights on the rest of the car are shaped differently, and the opening at the bottom of the boot is different too.

G

Unregistered
got any pics for teh galant? and what year is the facelifted model?

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
facelift is 99 onwards i think, although someone will probably prove me wrong. Either way they are way hotter. Not that i'd be biased by owning a facelift...lol

G

Unregistered
rofl mao... so it looks like i will have to find a 99+ galant then XD...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
If you want a manual, beware as you can't get a facelift manual Galant with AYC

G

Unregistered
what noooo... well that sucks then... is the front end interchange able then?

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
The face lift cars are from at least Dec 1998 onwards. Mine was built then and it is a face lift model. Not sure which month they changed over.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah you can swap front bumpers across. Most people realise Legnums are much better anyway and buy one of those :)

The actual changeover date is August 98.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
ok then. i know it would be difficult, but if i cange the rear bumper and rear door and all that, would it be possible to have rear ddor conversion from pre fl to fl??

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I think discussion on the old forum reached the concensus that it was way too much work, you had to actually change the hinges or body in some way or another. I reckon i asked the same question

Top Bottom