country boy reporting in

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
98 leggy, 90 gvr4, holden rodeo
hey all...
the name is jamie and i have reacently purchased a 90 vr4 galant before that i have had ( and still to) numerous cordias

i live in northern victoria on a farm trying not t go broke from the drought.. lack of irrigation means that i have more time on my hands than usuall so i have been buying the odd car with problems fixing em up and selling em again... mainly cordias and now the galant which i am gonna keep as its a nice car and i regularly drive to sydney (gf is from there)...

pictured is the galant and my main cordia that has served me faithfully for the past 2-3 years... i also have a couple of red cordias almost ready to sell (i was gonna keep one of em before i bought the galant) and a cordia undergoing a VERY slow vr4 engine conversion and respray etc

also my new shortened shifter in the vr4 :D

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
GO THE CORDIA'S

lol i still have my cordia but its soon to go as soon as i can register my legnum, welcome man good to see someone else that loves the good old cordia :)

where in vic are you ?

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
just north of kerang on the murray... about an hours drive south of swanhill...

just got a couple of little things to tidy up inside after installing a new stereo and i'm taking the car in for a rwc so hopefully i get there today

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome Jamie, I had a white AB GSR a few years ago.

I always wanted a 4G63 VR-4 after that, but never got around to it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Jamie, welcome to the forums :) Always good to have fans of the previous generations along :D

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome Jamie! Got to have a hobby on the side.

What do you farm? Looks like cropping in the background in a couple of those pics. I had a field trial 'just' up the road from you in robinvale this year :p

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Kia Ora Jim

I bet your got some good road's out your way Jamie, the 4G63 VR-4 will be fun to drive out your way mate. I owned a ZR-4, Which if you dont know, is basically the same as yours but with a hatch, good wagon with ball's.

Anyway welcome to the forum

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
aha... yes there are some nice straight roads to open it out on... also plenty of dirt and gravel to play on if you dont mind the odd stone chip (wont be happening with the vr4 any time soon but the cordia needs a respray so its a ffa :D)

we were dairy but with the irrigation supply getting more and more uncertain and returns dwindling we decided to part with the cows a bit over 12 months ago... we tried cropping this winter and things were looking really good for a while untill the rain dried up again... we had a really good wet autum and all the crops were going really well... one more good rain at the right time and it would have been a good year... but that rain never came and the crops either had what stock we have left turned in on them or they were cut for hay/silage which is atleast going to cover the outlay so thats a bonus... now that there isnt really anything much to do untill sowing time ive been working on cars and driving trucks and thats about it

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
well i got everything back together and got a vic roads permit took the galant into the mechanic today to find out what i have missed RWC wise.. get the air con regassed aswell.. it wasover 40 here today... yuck
thats farkin hot for mid november.. me thinks its gonna be a long hot summer
also... this is how the centre console with the double raido slot turned out in the end... i wasnt leaving the old tape deck there doing nothing
soz fr the poor quality.. tis from my fone

radioandgauges.jpg

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
G'day and welcome Jamie - my wife's family is on the land (over on the west coast of SA) so I know all about how hard things have been lately. I think her parents will scrape through with a below average crop rather than a total disaster. Been very patchy over there, and they're on traditionally very safe farming land, rainfall wise. I'm surprised you're running dairy cattle that far up. Hope this year works out ok for you.

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
this area was traditionally a very strong dairy area but that is changing very quick.... with the warmer climate and irrigation from the murray it can be a very productive area but low irrigation allocations and water trade pushing the water prices being pushed out of normal farmers reach by big city based companies running more intensive crops like veggies and superanuation schemes buying up the water aswell the returns from dairying just isnt even close to enough to compete....

at one stage the nearest major slaughter house was killing 1500 cattle a day 7 days a week for months.... now its moving into the less profitable areas of horticulture.. people are ripping out acres and acres of citrus...

things are looking really grim for the whole muray darling basin really... tis scary times

Top Bottom