*Cue music "Am I Black or White?" - VR4 Colour Question

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
well, with the ss semi sold (will be gone within the month) im starting to try and knuckle down what kind of legnum i want. besides being a facelift type-s, im sort of stuck on if i want a black one or a white one? did anyone else face this dilemma when they started looking for a legnum? either way it'll end of sitting on black rims, so do i want white with black wheels or black on black? what is the general concensus on ozvr4?

ill probably look to import from either iron chef of j-spec instead of buying locally as i still think local legnum prices are a small tad 'over priced'. so what i guess im also asking is whats more common to pop up at auctions in japan? white or black facelift legnum VR4's?

i love the look of black on black, but from pictures ive seen online of black legnums, the black doesnt really 'pop' if you know what i mean, doesnt appear to have any metallic in it or something? where as the white ones (when clean) really look great. i saw a pre-facelift white one in the flesh and in the sunlight it looked spectacular.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Up to you really but I think the white is amazing, will look cleaner for longer N will be a heap easier to find then a Black one!!

G

Unregistered
Mine is a pearl white pfl, and looks really ggod when clean. I have owned a black car and never will again. I always like my cars to look there best and white is heaps easier to keep clean!!!

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
The answer is Pearl white.
Dumped on big rims.
Just washed and in the sunlight or underlights at night they look AMAZING!

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
anyone who has ever owned a black car will probably tell you to steer clear.....they are a nightmare to keep clean for a start....then there is the paint itself - black shows up all the little scratches that have been left over the years and on a car thats going to be at least 10 years old its not going to be pretty

hell i saw a new M5 the other day and even sitting behind it in my car i could see it had really bad "spiderwebbing" already

the pearl white is a sexy colour....personally id go with that

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
White is heaps easier to find too and looks more like snow white really sparkly

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
White is the more common colour for our cars.

As has been previously mentioned, black is very difficult to keep clean and shows up a lot of imperfections in the paint.

I don't think there is a consensus or right answer on colour. You're the one that will have to see and drive it every day so go for what you like most ;)

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
^^ Perfection, nice and simple.
Is the vr4/Legnum pearl white hard to colour match like other pearls if the worst should happen? A couple painter mates hate matching pearls, it's never 100% right.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I got pearl white on Onyx pearl evo 7 rims and they both enjoy sparkling together in the sunlight :D also gave her the clay treatment last week and slipped off the car when i lent on it to talk to someone, it looks like brand new now and the pearl has never looked better, even more so under night time lights :p

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I'm gunna have to say white as well. Black would be so annoying to keep clean and almost every vr4 I've seen in black has paint that shows every mark. I've got the dark purple trigger mauve colour and it's impossible to keep clean, every tiny bit of dust or road grime shows up like crazy and it seems to show scratches easily unless it's pristine clean. I love the dark colored paint on the vr4's but if you like your cars to stay looking clean, then don't get a black one.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Black looks better then anything when clean, but it stays clean for like 2 hours. I had 3 black cars before my Legnum, they were a PITA to keep clean and any little scratch to it would make me want to cry cause it would stand out like dogs balls. White on the other hand stays clean for a month and looks awesome even with a bit of mud splashed around the place :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Well, one could call me "white biased" considering I've owned 4 white cars in my 5 car history haha.. The other being Silver..

I did want a Black STI, but the one I was considering turned out to be dodgy, and the one I looked at locally I fell in love with!

White has this awesome simplistic look to it, subtle, yet very appealing!

The Pearl White that my FL Galant was, damn it looked good! Especially when you scrub it up.. The way the sun glints on it, defines ALL the lines in the body.. Ah, memories.. Haha..

Black can be menacing, badass, and awesome.. but white is my preference :) (I'd still love a black car though! But I get pretty perdantic about cleanliness sometimes, and a black car would drive me insane!)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
^ Meh
White sux, pearl white rules.

Black looks pretty good........for about the time it took me to write this sentence, then..........

dirty20car20with20stickers2029.jpg

You wouldn't know it but that is a FL Black Legnum with Recaro's. That is how dirty they look lol

Top Bottom