frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Im just thinking of like a legal way of having HID lights - as if they were factory... I really like the look of the 'ball' looking thing in the HID lights ive seen - and im wondering if any headlights that have factory HID look anything like the galant ones, in hope that they could be gutted and transplanted into galant lights to look factory, and allow it to work legally... and look really cool at the same time :p

Obviously none of us have an unlimited budget and i know anything is possible if you got lots to spend, but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this

edit - i just found pretty much waht i was looking at - the JDM CIBIE ones are good looking - and this guy also done a bonnet etc. looks nice. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/753737

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
ok just had a look on a cibie site, this is what i found. these are for the same ones as on that white galant i linked the page of..

HID set

\228,000 . ¥205,200
\ 228,000.205,200 yen

HIDロードビーム×2
HID beam load × 2

SCハイビーム×2
SC high beam × 2

専用カウル(左右)
Dedicated Kaul (left and right)

専用ブランケット(左右)
Dedicated blanket (left and right)

edit - heres the link to this info ...just use google to translate http://www.e-lamp.co.jp/cibie/f1.html

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
From what I know about vehicle licensing in Australia, unless HID's were a factory option for a particular model of car the only way you would be legally allowed to have them is if you get engineering approval for them. Not impossible, but can be costly.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
by engineering approval do you mean like a mod plate or something? i know a mechanic personally who does those if so...

but then again with that pricing id rather spend 2 grand under the hood.. so nvm :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea dude, toys like that are for those with money to burn... Competition car audio anyone? :rolleyes:

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Just keep an eye out on Yahoo Auctions for galant/legnum specific projector lights, I saw some get sold about a week ago. They don't come up very often, and they aren't the cheapest, but they are going to be easier than your idea.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Yea dude, toys like that are for those with money to burn... Competition car audio anyone? :rolleyes:

dont laugh but my last car had about 6-8 grands worth of alpine sound equipment ;) guess which car im putting it into next? (its sitting in my room, just waiting till i can afford another 0guage wiring kit w/ RCAs and fuse etc...)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
its not the cable that costs the most, its the RCAs i prefer to use :p $80+ per cable.....

Top Bottom