Custom stereo pics

G

Unregistered
Thats under $200.00 a pair, not for all 4, surely there'd be somthing ok for that...???...There are some Rockford Fosgate splits on ebay, for $145.00, with 70w "RMS" power each, and my headunit is 40w a channel, surely it's better than the 15w a pop, that mitsi blessed us with...??? :confused::confused::confused:
If they are the Rockford Fosgate "Power" series they should be really good.

So sounds like we should get a 4 channel amp, good quality 6.5" splits for the front and 6.5" subs or speakers make for the low bass for the rear doors. Sounds good to me.

G

Unregistered
As for rears - I'd suggest just using the stocks if you totally have to have rear speakers. Alternatively, instead using the invisabass, you could use 2 DD1008s, DDW6.5LT or similar small subs capable of being played free-air and use them on the rear parcel shelf or wherever they are in the Legnums.

I found these on ebay, but will they have enough low bass as most would be mid bass?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/QMAX-6-5-SUB...ryZ18805QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Would the DD1008 fit in the rear doors as I'm sure the original rears are only 6" (I looked the other day) so 6.5" would be good to fit.

G

Unregistered
Nope, those are subs - they are designed to play subbass. A pair of those in well-sealed doors should be more than enough for most people.

And you're right - DD1008s probably wouldn't fit in the doors without hacking them up. Having a Galant, I can't say without any certainty, tho.

G

Unregistered
Thats under $200.00 a pair, not for all 4, surely there'd be somthing ok for that...???...There are some Rockford Fosgate splits on ebay, for $145.00, with 70w "RMS" power each, and my headunit is 40w a channel, surely it's better than the 15w a pop, that mitsi blessed us with...??? :confused::confused::confused:
eBay is an entirely different field altogether. One thing to take into consideration is that 40w per channel a head unit puts out is only around 12 wrms. My suggestion would be to use the standard rear speakers and to buy a 2 channel amp + new front splits. If possible, go through Indoaudio - they are probably the most reliable of the eBay sellers.

Leigh

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
The speaker set is "Rockford Fosgate", Fanatic X Component System....thoughts anyone...???

G

Unregistered
Wow didnt think this thread i started would explode like this, lot of tech heads out there, sweet.

I installed my 7 inch touch screen last night, i was going to be running the VOOMpc setup but due to well no one wanting to risk installing it for me i ended up selling it on Ebay (some might have seen it on there)

Stock speakers are pretty good in the legnum, the front splits sound just as nice as my old Eclipse ones i use to run.

I think i will be puttin a small sub under the seat, In previous car i did have twin 10 inchs and i thought didnt really do much but now having music finally in the legnum (5 weeks with no music ouch) i relieze i do need some bass.

Legnum rears are in the door trim and i didnt pop the trim off to see what size they are but im hoping to get some 6 inch splits in there.
(anyone tried this yet?)

apart from that was very easy to wire up,

Cory

G

Unregistered
Legnum stock rear door speaker.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 196
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 183
G

Unregistered
The speaker set is "Rockford Fosgate", Fanatic X Component System....thoughts anyone...???

They would be great speakers, but you would want to run an amp. Thats really cheap, they are however an old model.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
just curious what would be the best setup for a legnum in the way of a sound system, i currently have alpine deck, front 6 inch splits, rear 6x9's and 2 x 12" subs in an 88 civic hatchback....it's too quiet, i want to UPGRADE any suggestions???

G

Unregistered
the speakers in my legnum are dead.. :(

front passenger crackles, and front driver has about 2-3 spots with about 2mm of the cone left attached to the outside rubber!

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
ouch!! that's harsh, sounds like time for an upgrade!!:D

G

Unregistered
just curious what would be the best setup for a legnum in the way of a sound system, i currently have alpine deck, front 6 inch splits, rear 6x9's and 2 x 12" subs in an 88 civic hatchback....it's too quiet, i want to UPGRADE any suggestions???
Too quiet in what way? What specific gear are you running?

G

Unregistered
Wow didnt think this thread i started would explode like this, lot of tech heads out there, sweet.

I installed my 7 inch touch screen last night, i was going to be running the VOOMpc setup but due to well no one wanting to risk installing it for me i ended up selling it on Ebay (some might have seen it on there)

Stock speakers are pretty good in the legnum, the front splits sound just as nice as my old Eclipse ones i use to run.

I think i will be puttin a small sub under the seat, In previous car i did have twin 10 inchs and i thought didnt really do much but now having music finally in the legnum (5 weeks with no music ouch) i relieze i do need some bass.

Legnum rears are in the door trim and i didnt pop the trim off to see what size they are but im hoping to get some 6 inch splits in there.
(anyone tried this yet?)

apart from that was very easy to wire up,

Cory
I would seriously consider getting small subs installed into the rear doors rather than getting another set of splits. More splits will mess up the soundstage and drag it all backwards.

The standard speakers do sound very nice but can't go very loud at all.

Leigh

G

Unregistered
Yea sounds good, I think I'll look into getting 6.5" subs for the rear doors, 6.5" splits for the front and a 4 channel amp running off the MMSC. I'll have to start saving up.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
i got alpine deck, alpine 6 inch splits with xovers 100wrms, alpine 6x9's 100wrms, 2 repsonse amps 760watts n 800watts, n 2 mtx 12" subs i think they're 200wrms each oh n i got 2x 1 farad capacitors oh n i got a car battery almost twice the size of the original, lol, the head lights still go dim when the bass comes n if i turn the volume up n speakers start overpowering the subs n i took most of the bass out of the speakers but i think the 6x9's are gone, starting to crackle.....

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
well, the headunit in it has a built in amp, so hopefully it will run them ok, sounds good on the stock speakers at very low volume, but turn it up a bit and damn they snap,crackle,and pop...lol...

G

Unregistered
well, the headunit in it has a built in amp, so hopefully it will run them ok, sounds good on the stock speakers at very low volume, but turn it up a bit and damn they snap,crackle,and pop...lol...
The standard speakers are designed to be very sensitive so that they don't need much power to get them to go reasonably loud. Aftermarket speakers will need much more power to reach their potential.

G

Unregistered
i got alpine deck, alpine 6 inch splits with xovers 100wrms, alpine 6x9's 100wrms, 2 repsonse amps 760watts n 800watts, n 2 mtx 12" subs i think they're 200wrms each oh n i got 2x 1 farad capacitors oh n i got a car battery almost twice the size of the original, lol, the head lights still go dim when the bass comes n if i turn the volume up n speakers start overpowering the subs n i took most of the bass out of the speakers but i think the 6x9's are gone, starting to crackle.....
Capacitors will do nothing to help headlight dimming. While I admittedly have a HUGE battery, I have no dimming and have plenty of rms going through my stereo. I would suggest upgrading the grounding cables in the engine bay and see if that helps.

As for the sound, you may simply need to retune the stereo. If you're using the 800wrms Response monoblock, then you should be getting enough juice to get the subs to produce decent output.

To improve the sound, I'd turn off the 6x9s altogether. Cut all bass boost or similar on the head unit off. Set the high-pass filter for the splits to around 100hz, and the sub's low-pass to around 90hz. With the equipment you've got, that should help add bass while protecting the speakers.

It may be worth taking it to a car audio shop and letting the play around for an hour. May only cost you $50 or so and they can probably tune it up and recommend any upgrades based on your taste in speakers + music.

Leigh

G

Unregistered
Yea sounds good, I think I'll look into getting 6.5" subs for the rear doors, 6.5" splits for the front and a 4 channel amp running off the MMSC. I'll have to start saving up.
Also allow money to soundproof the doors. Trust me when I say this - no matter how good the speakers, if the doors aren't sealed and deadened, they won't sound much better than stock.

I would suggest getting the amp + subs + sound deadening first - that will yield the biggest immediate improvements. The stock speakers aren't too bad, and with a decent high-pass filter, they should go ok if not overpowered.

Leigh

Top Bottom