Custom stereo pics

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
those look like older models. these ones are reference series the best you can get within the bottom of the range RRP $500 approx. had them 2 years and everyone loves em

G

Unregistered
They look great, very very nice looking amp.

Yea the ones I got are from the Q-line series, QSD 216's but there is a new model out now to replace them the QSF216 so mine are the older model.

Today I stripped the inside of the Legnum and started runing new wires and sound proofing the doors, my 6.5" subs for the rear doors only have about 1-2mm at the back to clear the window when its down, it was a lot of stuffing around making them fit with a spacer made from mdf.

046.jpg

030-1.jpg

010.jpg

Stock rear speakers vs 6.5" sub EDIT: These subs are a bit too thick for the doors avrn with a spacer.
014.jpg

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
very good i like the 6.5" subs gives me ideas :confused:
Keep a review of ya progress good to see how it all turns out.
Ill be doing exactly the same after the alarm goes in and once i pay off the alpine tv thats going in shortly.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS

Emanuel, just wondering how and why did you put your sound deadener inside the door shell? shouldn't it be on the outside? also how much did it cost you?

i'm currently looking into getting some installed on my car.. not dynamat but the US version FatMat..

I like the way you're modding up your interior.. also is it nice and very quiet inside now?

G

Unregistered
I've put dynamat on the outside as well to seal all holes and openings in the door. I'm not even half way finishing it all so I won't know the results for another week or 2.

I take it I don't need to put back the stock platic sheet as I've sealed it all?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Up to you, dude... I'd put it back, but that's me.

When you say sealed, I hope you don't mean you've sealed the drain hole?

G

Unregistered
Up to you, dude... I'd put it back, but that's me.

When you say sealed, I hope you don't mean you've sealed the drain hole?
haha no not the drain holes just the main larger openings in the door.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
In my experience you'll want to put that plastic back. Others wise you can end up with water running into the car rather than draining out the bottom of the door.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
In my experience you'll want to put that plastic back. Others wise you can end up with water running into the car rather than draining out the bottom of the door.
He is sealing the access holes so he wont be needing to use the plastic... I did this on my old levin and the diffence in sound is quite amazing... ;)

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
im leaning towards sealing the access holes too.. but what if..

wat holes are these exectly??? Anyone got some pics. if it makes the tunes sound better and doesnt let water in.....why not??:drool:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
BTW - Mmmmmmmmmmm custom!

My old car -

2x Splits (MTX/Clarion)
2x 12" Subs (Alpine)
2x Amps (Rockford/Clarion)
1x 2 Farad Cap (Aerpro)
1x Custom, ported sub box
1x >1000WRMS
1x 139.4dB
1x :D

Found a vid of the old system going

This was taken before the cap and full rewire.... Bout 2ish years ago

The rain had put some water in my tonneau cover, so i had some fun with it :D

Just to show how hard the bass is hitting, listen to it vibrating my voice OUTSIDE the closed up car :eek:

[URL="
UTESUBSWATERFOUNTAIN.jpg

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hehe, that reminds me of the Mythbusters episode where they turn the entire interior of a car into a speaker...

G

Unregistered

still a work in progress but you get the idea. DD9915 and DDM3. just gotta try and match the trim

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Kye, that's the coolest use for the back of a wagon I've ever seen. Cant wait to see it all stitched up!

G

Unregistered
mate of mine has a stagea, and has a sub box FILLING the rear of the wagon, level with the top of the rear seat, haha.

G

Unregistered
He is sealing the access holes so he wont be needing to use the plastic... I did this on my old levin and the diffence in sound is quite amazing... ;)

What about the run off from the windows that WILL ruin the speaker and what ever electrics are bare behind the door trim??!!:eek:

Top Bottom